13 posts in this topic

The surf is producing a decent amount of blues and spot right now. Kingfish, croakers and flounder are also being caught from the suds. Feel free to post your fishing reports here.

I took a few people out yesterday to try and stick a few fish. We fished Conquest Rd in DSSP. The blues were in there pretty thick. We were catching them on every rig I had out there. At one point, I offered for one of them to throw some metal. He didn't get a blue on every cast, but every 3rd cast produced some fish for him. The biggest blue was 17", but man what a blast for them to catch so many fish.

We also got into some spot. I tried for kings in the surf, but didn't land any.

You should throw some top water lures when they are that thick.

It's a BLAST to see them crash the lure!

Where can i get a decent map showing possible beach access for vehicle with permit

Welcome to the site. I am unsure where to get a map showing beach access points. I will check for you.

Saw a guy on FISP near the Kings Grant entrance who had a blanket draped over his truck that read "Yes, I Am Fishing" lol. The rangers were out in full force all weekend. Yet weren't around to see the morons driving 50mph on the beach without surftags saturday afternoon.

I dont know what it is this year, but i've never seen so many people getting stuck on the path. We saw at least 5 vehicles this weekend alone.

Ended up watching the fireworks Saturday and stayed until 1130pm, we'll be doing that again. It's been a while since we stayed on the beach that late. Still wish it was the old days and we could have a bonfire.

Fished the CHSP Pier with Destiny last night. Caught flounder spot and kingfish. The crabs were thick to say the least. Had a great time with my fishing partner.:happy7:

fishing report for today 7-12-09 . great beach day, site was conquest, caught the incoming and out going, no action until dead high tide, 2 skates and baby sand shark, one skate was a monster about 6 inches thick, (actually, cant believe i landed him all the way, guy to my right baby HAMMER HEAD about 18 inces, thats unusual,must be from the stimulas package.guy to my left 1 flounder, throw back.thats it, despite whats been said at this site for blues and stripers, kingfish etc.great day with the family. have to try this night sharkin.

:fish:FISHED THE SURF ALL WEEKEND. CAUGHT SOME NICE KINGFISH NORTH <ACRONYM title="Indian River Inlet">IRI</ACRONYM>. YOU NEED TO GET UP PRETTY EARLY IN THE MORNING TO GET THESE. BOTH DAYS THE FISH STOPPED BITING AROUND 8:30 A.M. THERE IS ALSO PLENT OF SPOT AND CROAKER TO BE CAUGHT.

FISHED LEWES BEACH LAST NIGHT AND CAUGHT 7 FLOUNDER ON SPRO JIGS BUT NO KEEPERS. GOOD LUCK THIS WEEK END.

I dont know what it is this year, but i've never seen so many people getting stuck on the path. We saw at least 5 vehicles this weekend alone.

Lack of rain is making the sand soft and allowing you to sink deeper.

oh i know that part, but the sheer number of people i've seen stuck this year is double what i saw all last summer outside of the morons who think a PT Cruiser or a Miata can make it on the beach

Had some fun in Dewey, the week before last. Kings and small flounder every morning before breakfast. from the surf.

Fishinzak, i had the same experience. As the tide moved later in the day thoughout the week, i found that it didn't matter. No fish after 8:30. Some, had to really be casted to as well. Rods in the first slough got zippy. They were almost all on the sloped bottom behind it, as far as my little 9'er would throw.

kingading.jpg.81cfb465aaab886b1e7c21542b

kingmorning.jpg.752570b12dee49bc3214a888