4 posts in this topic

We took the boat from Va Beach to Hatteras Village Marina on June 3rd to see if the storeys of the dolphin bite being off the hook were true, we were not disappointed! We fished every day that we could get a crew together, one day with a crew of two. The days that the wind was out of the south west the conditions were rough but the grass lines would stack up and we would fill the box with gaffers, when it was out of the west or north west it would scatter the grass lines and it would be a mix of gaffers and bailers. Our best day we had fourteen gaffers and one bailer with an honest seven foot seas on the way out laying down to three to five to fish and return home. Our nicest fish has been posted on the site by my friend Clearin' Waves, a 41.3 lb. NC citation off the shotgun. The sad part of this story is that we are going down to Hatteras tomorrow to get up at sun up on friday and bring the boat home, if we pick up a grass line at Diamond Shoals we will fish that line north east up to the tuna hole looking to get a dolphin or a box full and as we get north maby a tuna. It's been a great month and I hope to bring the boat back to Hatteras or Pirate's Cove in August, wherever the best bite is!

Good to see your post Lou. Really enjoyed the trip on the 20th. Everyone on the eastern shore hasn't mentioned a dolphin bite but the tuna bit is pretty good. Only they all tell me they are going 45 to 60 miles off to get them!! My buddy is going out of Wachapregue on the 4th to 21 miles. Ill let everyone know what they find. Ill have my boat back next week finally after 6 months. We can pick a rainy day to go fishing!

Hey Matt,

Pirates Cove is in Oregon Inlet, the marina on the right when you go over the causway bridge to Manteo. I have kept the boat there for the past two summers.