7 posts in this topic

Decided since it was so nice out that I would splash the yak after class. Brought the bare minimum with me since i wanted to maximize my time out there..main target was Spanish...Got out there and paddled out a few hundred yards off the beach and started casting sting silvers..lots of small blues. Finally a few hours into it i got the first Spaniard of the day. There was 7 inches of fish on the line..got bitten off by a toothy critter. Took what was left and threw it on a hook and put it on the bottom. Let that sit for a bit and continued catching tiny blues. Clicker pops on the bait rod and i fight a good 20min with what may have been a Bull I guess...had kind of a blunt nose. Was right about 3 feet in size. Got to use the arc dehooker for the first time and it actually works pretty well. Paddled in after that and got everything loaded up... a beautiful night out there on the water....

Seems to be a lot of toothy critters everywhere lately!

Sounds like a peaceful evening on the water.

Thanks for sharing!

glad you got out buddy - thats twice this year at least........

we nailed em the other day - 38 spanish

going again today....in an hour

taking Dixie ~ tomorro

going again today....in an hour

taking Dixie ~ tomorro

Weather looking good right now J!

just looking right now - 8 pm is calling for too much NW wind in the morning ....if there is an N or an E I aint much for it......

my coffe pot goes off at 4;35 everyday....i am up at 0500....call me as soon as you get up tomorro......see what we can go after