13 posts in this topic

I am sure I do but here is the question. I usually have 3 rods out at the least. I know on average which one will get hit the most. One out of 3 or 4 will get the most strikes. Sometimes after catching a fish I will move the rods around in my spread and find that that one rod will continue to get hits in different spikes.

The other night I told Ryan to watch the far left rod because it was this one particular rod. Both sharks came on this rod.

What is the answer?????

Ju Ju is all I have.

I will say I noticed this exact same thing with me as well. The only thing that I can come up with is casting distance and putting the bait in the target zone. Different rods cast different distances and that one rod is consistently putting the bait in the right place

You got it Jim. That is my farthest casting rod. I am a decent caster and nothing more so I need my longest cast to reach the most fish I believe. I do catch 'em up close but my longest stick gets hit more for sure.

Is that cast outside the first sandbar?

Not where I am fishing Steve. The bar is pretty far out there.

Must be able to get it in a trough, only thing I can think of Philly.

I bet if you put it the same distance as the others, you'll lose bites.

Well Steve I usually throw this one rod out as far as possible with a chunk. Then another rod with a bigger chunk, then another rod with a head. All three rods are at a different distance but I find that the farthest rod gets hit the most on average. Some days the catching is better in close but mostly it is the farthest rod for me.

But even so my farthest stick doesn't reach out to where Scott or Ben are.

I swear one rod always has good mojo. I haven't caught a fish on 2 of my rods...ever...well maybe skates and doggies but no fish...my 1502 and 1418 are still fishless??? Not used as much as the others, but when its calm out and I feel like flinging 4 or 5 ounces on a couple rods, they are in the lineup.

Coop, let Phil run his hand along the 1502 and 1418, get some mojo, LOL!

My two year old Ticas are fishless (not counting rays).

I can't get them too far out either, but that's my shoulder, not the rods.

Your probobaly right about the distance rod catching the most fish, but you also said you always put the smallest chunk on that same rod as well to get the furthest out. Smaller peices of bait will catch more fish...although smaller ones...and sometimes get the biggun. But if your consistantly using the smallest piece of bait on this rod, that is another factor in the equation.

Well your right I do use the smallest chunk on that rod, but it is bigger than what most use. AND most of my largest catches have been on that rod. I am gonna buy another model of that rod this weekend and see if now I get hit on the new rod....Betcha I do.

Mostly I think that rod just suits my casting style and I can get it to the fish.

i have several rods in which I use and none is more productive than my 12 ft tica with my red abu 7000 reel, second is my afaw paired up with my abu big game reel, my others dont get touched anywhere near as much even though they are 12 ft ticas and one 11'3 diawa emcast. I think it is all juju in the rod and reel, my casting is roughly the same with all rods and I vary types of baits on the rods except for the afaw which always gets 8 ounces of lead and a head, cant seem to toss that rod with anything less then 8, doesnt load right. anyway just my two cents.

It is the same for me... Its always the cheapest rod I have and its the furthest away from my chair...:icon_scratch: