8 posts in this topic

Report is a bit delayed but better late than never i guess...We left friday night from hampton roads and headed down to hateras inlet. My friend Eric and i were meeting up with Louis, the capt. of the Scratch Pad, and some other friends to try our hand offshore. We left the dock around 5:30am and headed out of the inlet. We were meet by fairly calm seas and a beautiful morning to be on the water. Lum had gotten a report from the day before that the tuna and dolphin were biting good towards diamond shoals the day before so we headed that direction.

Once we arived we were able to locate a few grass lines and began trolling. Within 10 minutes i had landed our first dolphin of the day! It was only about 15lbs but he sure tasted good on the grill last night! We continued to troll along 2 parallel grass lines and caught several more ranging from 20-28lbs. Then at around 2 pm Louis's rod went off from the rocket launcher and it was on. After several spectacular jumps and runs he landed a 41.3 LB dolphin! What a fish! We caught a couple more after that and ended up the day with 9 total. Everyone on board caught fish and enjyed a great day offshore. I'll post the pics as soon as i can.

Incredible trip! Thanks for sharing.

Wow ! That looks like you had a great day ! How long did that 43 pounder take to get in ?

Probably 10 minutes to get the fish in. The capt. fought it from the bridge. Couldn't have been caught by a nicer guy.

Congrats on the big Mahi Lou!

FYI Captain Lou is my neighbor across the street and I hope to make the boat this Friday?! Although IT challenged, he is now registered on Atlantic Anglers :3some:

`bucket