3 posts in this topic

I am a shorebound fisherman and love going for big fish but don't mind catching the little ones. Last weekend I went for bait and caught a nice barracuda. I love catching them and i use them for shark bait. I catch them using my home made tube lures and or store bought plugs.

Below is the one I caught from a bridge in the Florida Keys

P6130057-1.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

See you at the 2009 Shorebound Shark Tourney

Beautiful Cuda ya got there!!

Was that at Long Key or just above Duck in the channel?

Cuda = Shark candy.

I cut one side completely off and cut chunks for bait.

I then butterfly the rest and attach a D-ring through the jaw.

I'll drop it in about 50 yards before I stop the boat to get the scent dispersed.

After I anchor (or power-pole) I'll jostle the Cuda to get more scent out there.

The Shark will find you, almost a 100% guarantee.

As soon as I see a fin approaching, I will take the chunk I have on a line and toss it about 10' in front of it.

Game on!

I use a 8' med/heavy rod with a matching reel with 30 lb braid to 80 lb shock, solid wire leader (#5 to #9 Malin) and a 8/0 - 10/0 Circle hook.

Thanks Steve.

Oohh yes this is shark candy. This was in Channel #5....I have caught sharks to 9 feet from those bridges mostly on cudas. I use a 9/0 a 12/0 and a 14/0. I use the cuda in chunks of about 12 inches (smaller sharks will take a tiny chunk and go about their business the bigger ones will just take the whole bait and will make that reel sing a beautiful symphony. I use wind-on leaders and #19 wire with an 11/0 hook. When caught I bring them closer to shore and cut the line as close as possible to the hook.<style>- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->