18 posts in this topic

Well, I went out after work to find a good spot for monday early am,,,I was down the beach several miles when a guy in a ford pick up asked if I saw that hummer flying over the dunes in the back part of the dune line,,,he discussed what an idiot he was and was hoping the ranger was going to nab him and I agreed,,,after I found my spot and marked it, I saw the hummer in question coming out of the dunes while I was marking my spot with my gps,,,I cant beleive the complete disregard for the island,,,I was :censored: :censored: ,,,driving back, I saw a ranger heading that way and I flagged him down and told him about the hummer,,,it turned out that he was looking for him because they have received several calls from others on the beach,,,this IDIOT must of been all over the place on the back part of the dunes,,,rangers were at the exit waiting for him, just in case he got thru the rangers thru the back part of the dunes, I hope he got nabbed!

oh, ok. when I was last down on AI last(@3weeks ago) Barb and I were waiting on Sam and some clown in a white one was stuck in the soft sand near the waters edge and I had to help him get un-stuck. idiot never aired his tires and had NO clue what he was doing :roll:

People just dont have any respect for nature nor do they realize that diving on the beach is a privalige not a RIGHT! im with you on that and hope he got caught

I hear you - a beautiful trout stream in my back yard with a good population of wilds. This spring some idiots started driving their ATVs and Motorcycles along the stream bank. This very quickly created a large "dirt highway" completely destroying the vegitation causing erosion of the bank, etc etc... Unfortunately, I don'thave any rangers to help enforce the laws for me - been begging the local officials and state police to work together - a herculean task to be sure....

Have you tried you state Department of Natural Resource they might be able to help.

Hmm not them yet - so far I've talked to the township government (who owns the land directly next to the stream) and the EPA's Environmental reporting hotline as well as the local conservation foundation (for added pressure). Basically the first step is getting the township to post signs SPECIFICALLY stating motor vehicles are not permitted on their property, then the state police will enforce it. The township has promised to put up signs....I'm still waiting though, so maybe the DNR would help too

I hear you - a beautiful trout stream in my back yard with a good population of wilds. This spring some idiots started driving their ATVs and Motorcycles along the stream bank. This very quickly created a large "dirt highway" completely destroying the vegitation causing erosion of the bank, etc etc... Unfortunately, I don'thave any rangers to help enforce the laws for me - been begging the local officials and state police to work together - a herculean task to be sure....[/q

edited

Randy - you are not the first to suggest that to me. Only problem is - its not my land - the township owns the "green belt" around the stream. But Its a possible course of action just the same :twisted: If it happens to come to that...

No, don't put out anything that will damage anyone's property, you'll be the one going to jail.

Could be worse if the action caused an injury.

Randy was just kidding, weren't ya Randy? :mrgreen:

Ask the township to just make the signs, you'll do the labor of posting them.

What a deal, eh?

I hear you - a beautiful trout stream in my back yard with a good population of wilds. This spring some idiots started driving their ATVs and Motorcycles along the stream bank. This very quickly created a large "dirt highway" completely destroying the vegitation causing erosion of the bank, etc etc... Unfortunately, I don'thave any rangers to help enforce the laws for me - been begging the local officials and state police to work together - a herculean task to be sure....

Steve I know this may sound mean, but.....get some 1" x 6', cut into 3' lenghts, take some 2.5" deck screws and screw thru the wood, bury on the trial, instant "spike strips" they'll get the message afterwhile :twisted: or just walk-along the trail and scatter the 2.5" deck screws :evil:

Probably not too good for the wild life, either. :?

Steve I know this may sound mean, but.....get some 1" x 6', cut into 3' lenghts, take some 2.5" deck screws and screw thru the wood, bury on the trial, instant "spike strips" they'll get the message afterwhile :twisted: or just walk-along the trail and scatter the 2.5" deck screws :evil:

Probably not too good for the wild life, either. :?

edited sorry if I offended anyone.

i did see a hummer pulled over on the dunes at night when i was fishing south on the 14th it was a black hummer. they nabed him as he was comming over the dune. as i was leaving i saw a wreaker on his was to pick up the hummer... i spoke with the officers that busted him said he had a few warrents on hin and would be taken care of... :lol: it was just a matter of time before they caught him

Good to know, Zak. Thanks. :-)

You can still see the tracks leading to the dunes. Probably will until a decent storm.

What a numb-nutz....