5 posts in this topic

We headed down to Lesner to fish the Duck Inn side on the bay and see if we could get some decent Flounder about 5:00pm tonight . We fished for awhile and just kept getting little bites . Then we saw the birds swarming and diving like crazy on the inside of the inlet . Hoping they would come through the bridge we tied on a couple Stingsilvers and started casting out . Sure enough they came through and we started getting hooked up . First hit I had slammed it and bit the stingsilver clean off my braid ! Retied quick and the birds were frantic hooked up right away and pulled in a small blue . Cast back out and got nailed again except this time landed a 16" Spanish Mac . Took him off the hook , measured him to make sure he was a keeper and left him on the beach next to the Blue and went right back to casting before we lost the school . Couple casts later I turn around and we are less than 20 feet from the 2 fish and an Osprey swoops down and grabs my Spanish Mac and struggles a little taking off but flies away with my Spanish in his claws !!!:blob1: We were amazed and just started laughing so hard at what just happened ! We kept on at it and landed another 13 Blues of various sizes and lost probably twice that bringing them in ! Andrew lost another Spanish right at the edge when it bit off his lure and swam away ! The birds were so thick until about 8:00 when they started to disperse .

I hope he took the Spanish to go feed some young ones . That was a sight we won't soon forget ! I guess he felt like having Mexican tonight !

it was funny. i was just dumb founded. i mean it was right behind me. they look alot bigger when they are that close to you.

They are surprisingly big when they get close to you.

I hear this spanish mackerel fishing is fun stuff. I might have to venture a little south and get a lesson one of these days. :eusa_think:

Something similar happened to me at the same location. I caught a small flounder and had just released it, when an osprey swooped down and dove into the water about 20 feet from me going after the flounder I had just released. Scared the crap out of me!!!!!!!! It didn't get the flounder, but after that the osprey was hovering over me for at least 5 minutes waiting for another chance at the next fish.