Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Randy Stinchcomb

Pic of My Other Toy...

12 posts in this topic

Wow, looks nice. My first car was an 88 Mustang. I bought it for $500 bucks and it lasted me about a year. :-)

:lol: thought you'd like that, sorry I screwed-up on th 3rd shot. bought her new in 1996, not tagged anymore :(

it's been in @12 magazines over the years, twice on ESPN2 & once on the Speed channel :mrgreen:

your 1988, was it a 5.0 :?:

:kewl: I miss the york us 30 drag strip :( I use to have a 69 Chevelle I spent money on, then came along the misses :shock:

Nice Toy. 8) Watcha runnin in that thing. Talk gearhead to me please....

Nice Toy. 8) Watcha runnin in that thing. Talk gearhead to me please....

8) another moterhead :lol:

wth that set-up as pictured, car was 3100 lbs and went 11.90's @114mph on motor. thats wth a built 4.6 SOHC, 4 speed Tremec manual trans and a 4.56 rear gear.

cars been in Va Beach for over a year now getting the work done, I told Jason "no rush" as Im having to-much fun wth my boat :mrgreen:

I dont miss racing so much anymore, wth racing gas at $12.00 a gallon and races all over the east coast(I run a circuit) travel expenses can run-up to $500.00 on a 3 day weekend for me and that was when regular gas was under $2.00 a gallon :shock:

new combo should run 10.50's @130 on motor and hoping for 9.30's @150mph wth a 250 shot of Nytrous. new set-up will have @150 more HP on motor wth a C-4 automatic wth trans brake and a 5500 stahl convertor and @200lbs less weight :D

soooo. untill then...you guys are stuck wth me :lol:

whew, alot :!:

old short block combo: Cobra aluminum block, Cobra forged steel crank, Manley "H" beam rods wth JE pistons, Canton 7qt pan and windage tray, Cobra oil pump.

new short block: same block and crank (crank was lightened), GRP aluminum rods, Diamond pistons, same oil system wth billet oil pump gears, alot of "trick" thermial & oil shedd coatings

cyl heads are Ford SVO's which have been ported, polished and flowed, Crane cams (custom grind) which is being replaced wth a "custom" Comp Cams & valve springs, Rev S/S valves, titanium retainers.

Ford Racing intake, now replaced wth a Reichard Racing Intake & Accufab throttlbdy

Ignition systems consist of MSD DIS4-HO, Moroso wires, Champion plugs and a SCT reflashed ECM

ARP fastners thru-out + lots of other stuff, like Meziere electric water pump, ATI damper, Mac headers, Fluidyne radiator, Performance Automatic flywheel and C4 trans, carbon-fiber driveshaft, Moser spool and axles, Strange gear, S&W anti roll bar, UPR upper and lower control arms, QA1 shocks & coil over frt struts, AJE chrome moly "K" member and front "A" arms

HFR 8pt roll bar, Pyrotech safet equipment, Hoosier tires wth Weld wheels. only thing left that is stock is the factory "Purple" paint 8)

Very nice. Lotsa dough rolling there.... bling bling :mrgreen: How did you compete :?: What race format :?:

I run several different sancutions in either heads-up or bracket style racing, I've won 2 events, runner-up'd at 3 and have had a bunch of #1 qualifiers aswell. the car has gotten me alot of notoriety over the years as I was one of the first to start racing and modding the 4.6 engines (due to some insider info from a friend who worked for Ford) :wink: