20 posts in this topic

Short stripers are still being landed in the surf on clams and sandfleas. Kingfish are starting to show up in greater numbers and size. Blues are on and off again. Flounder are in the surf but you have to put your time in. Some trout have been caught in the Broadkill River, but not many.

Sandbars and rays are making thier presence known. It won't be long before the Sandtigers are in the surf, doing their thing.

Most of all have a great time and take a kid fishing.:icon_wink:

Well the three day weekend comes along once every six weeks. So off I went to the Delaware Beaches for Fathers Day Weekend. Friday during the day, fished south end of 3r's 11-6. One large skate that helped unhook himself as I was dragging him out of the wash.........well at least the hook didn't get me, just a little tatto on the belly from the sinker....OUCH! Skates & doggies was it for me, and everyone else I saw.

Saturday same old thing till the storms chased me off the beach late am. (Above Indian River this time) Oh well had a great lunch and dinner Saturday, and then caught a favorite musician at night in Dewey...... May try a return trip next Sunday/Monday...... If we can get out of this wet weather pattern......

Hope someone had a better catchin weekend than me!

went to 3'rs this past friday, fished 6 hours before and after high tide...not much to report on caught two skate.....on the way home we stopped at the CHSP pier...only wet the lines there for about a hour didnt catch anything but a guy fishing next to us caught a 8 lb. 28 1/16 " striped one.....heck of a fight on the bass pole he was using...he said he was using finger mullet...hope we have better luck next time:icon_salut:

Chris and I worked in Dewey today. We took our routine walk out to the beach to check out the water and the wildlife. We saw 3 different schools of bait being torn to shreads by something. probably blues, but it was good to see a little action off the surf.

The action on the surf was pretty good too.

OK, I haven't been out for a bit and needed a quick fix. I decided to go to CHSP Pier. People were burning the spot up on bloodworms and Fishbytes.

I was using a tandem jig rig and got 8 flounder up to 18", but no keepers. I did see some butterfly rays cruising the pilings. The croud was thick, but thinned as dark fell upon the pier.

I'll be "Floundering" around on Saturday the 27th...so ill post my results. What does CHSP stand for finnadict?? Keep up the good work.

Hey Finaddict, where did you find them kings? I have been all up and down North Pocket and Bethany and have not seen any or even had a kingfish bite.

Hey Finaddict, where did you find them kings? I have been all up and down North Pocket and Bethany and have not seen any or even had a kingfish bite.

Zak,

In De I have been getting a few on 3R's Rd and in front of the Life Saving Station north of the IRI.

Yesterday, I was "stinging the kings off of the MD side of AI.

Went to CHSP Pier again last night. Got there about high tide (11PM) and stayed til about 03:30. I had Chris with me and we got about 28 fish between the 2 of us and not one keeper. It was good to get some pullage tho.

fin im planning to go out to the pier wed or thu nexdt week my days off...what kind of set up are you usingout there....i want to get some pullage too

Hook,

I am tying up a tandem jig rig. The jigheads are 1/4oz white and using 4" Gulp mullet. The white is working the best, but try the chartruese as well. I jig around the pilings, but have gotten some on the edge of the shadows on the water under the lights.

fishing report,spent the day surf fishing saturday near the indian river inlet, very very little action, the word up and down the surf nothing, except i did land a 12 inch baby sand shark, on bloodworms, caught the incoming and out going tides, ,great day at the beach with the family.

Fished CHSP near Herring point Saturday. Beautiful day. No bites or fish. Nothing seen up or down the beach. Bunker and Bloodworm Fishbites. Beat the showers back into Lewes.

Spent all day at the north pocket and caught Ling in the morning and about 50 spot the rest of the day. Still no King fish but I expect them right behing the spot. Bloods and Fillet Mullet worked equaly for these fish. Two small 10" blues mixed in.:fish:

Fished CHSP Pier on Sat night. I must have caught over 25 flounder with no keepers. Used the same set up as before, but was using green and a white Gulp Porgy.

Saw a few nice stripers swimming on the surface as well. Threw some lures with no success.

I had a few hours to kill after work today. I got flounder (no keepers) spot and croaker off the CHSP Pier.

Were the spot baitsize? Just wondering if they could be netted to liveline.

All of the spot have been ranging from 5 to 8 inches that we caught off the beach. Caught about 20 more last night.

Went out this past weekend. Caught several blue fish about 14 inches with mullet and cut spot. Caught a bunch of spot and one skate. Kayak out about 200 yards with some bunker and landed a 5ft Dusky (at least I think).

shark.jpg.6b44ac116196444a877212f4fbe620