5 posts in this topic

HELLO! I am new to the forum and have had experience with message boards before, so Im sure I will get just the answers I am looking for!

I am looking for a nice pier in <acronym title="Connecticut">CT</acronym> to fish off of. One that is long enough that if my wife tries to swim back to shore, I mean, one that is nice and clean, and my wife wouldnt mind going to.:happy7: Are there any piers with pumped up seawater or cleaning tables? Anything with bathrooms nearby? I believe we went to Hamanasset(Sp) state park? I wasn't very impressed. Im also looking for a nice quiet out of the way fishing spot, that just myself could go to for like an entire day, and not have to run in or out of the tide level. (I.e the tip of a jetty or sandbar) Is cast netting allowed in <acronym title="Connecticut">CT</acronym> for live bait? What are some of the better choices for bait up here. I was told to use cut bait, and I caught dogfish all day long. I have always had better luck with a live bait. What is a good choice, and also what works well as far as a lure, as I usually cast in a live bait, then work a spinning reel with a lure. I don't care what I catch, as long as its good eatin' ! All I can say is I am used to snappin a shrimp on a hook, throwin it out into the flats, and reeling in a nice fat Redfish, but this isnt Florida.

So any help with bait choices and areas would be GREATLY appreciated! I am in the New Haven area. Im lookin for good fishing that is not near gas storage areas, water treatment facilities, or an area where I may get jumped, sodomized, and left for dead. Thanks!

Anthony!:D

Welcome to the board!

Some of our NE members will be along shortly to answer your questions.

Feel free to browse around in the meantime.

Im Waiting...... Ca'Mon, I want to go fishing Saturday!

There is a nice pier in New London at Fort Trumbull State Park. Rod holders on the railing, restrooms. Fishing gets very good late summer, fall, bass and blues, porgies, fluke, occassional false albies. Good luck!!

I looked it up.... It is very nice, and exactly what I am looking for! Thank You!