5 posts in this topic

Hi, everyone. I am camping and surf fishing at Kiptopeke State Park. Anyone have a report on things are going?

Should be plenty of croaker, flounder, small spot and roundhead. May luck into some small drum if you can keep the crabs off your line.

Possibly some trout in the lights at night!

Have not seen many reports from there yet!

Hi, everyone, well, I went fishing Saturday, 20 June 2009, primarily on the fishing pier. There was a kids Fishing Derby put on by the North County Fishing/Sportsmans Club, which was nice. Everyone was using top-and-bottom rigs and using squid. From 10:00 am thru 2:00 pm, mostly spot, and some croaker. In evening, around 10:30 pm, I caught a small Dogfish Shark. Otherwise, very slow that evening as I went around my fellow fishing pier partners. I used the same top-and-bottom rig.

My medium action spinning reel with 1 bearing finally gave out so I am in the market for another one.

I would recommend, if you have something available, getting outside the cement ships. I've fished the outside from my yak, while my dad was fishing the inside. I caught flounder, roundhead, croaker, spot and blues while all he caught on the inside were toads....

I caught some nice Reds and Blacks in the area from my kayak a few weeks back