6 posts in this topic

Me and Andrew K went down to Lesner friday night @ 7:00 to catch some bait for a trip on a friends boat Saturday morning . We went to the bay side of the bridge along the beach . The Baby Blues were 10 feet off the beach chasing Glass minnows up into the shallows . We were catching them on Stingsilvers and in the cast net . Andrew went over by the bridge and in one throw had about 100 Small Spot ! We picked through them and kept the bigger ones for flounder and released all the others very quickly and almost all of them swam away . I kept tossing out the Stingsilver only about 75 feet off the beach and catching blues till we had enough for bait . Then I cast it way out and and while bringing it back in it got nailed and figured I had a bigger Blue on but it turned out to be a nice fat 20" Spanish Mackerel ! Was not expecting that but it was a nice surprise ! We were there about 1 1/2 hours and left with about a 15 Blues , An aerator bucket with some nice spot and a 20 inch Mack . Not a bad trip to gather bait !

DSCN0078.JPG.884e9defa1b2eca6840baa2febb

DSCN0080_01.JPG.22a170f3f62eaf6f7cd934a4

Si' Senior!

I've seen them in as far as OVP and caught one there, but it wasn't no 20"!

That's a nice spanish inside the bay!!!!:icon_thumright:

Might have to venture to Lesner for once...I usually don't go due to all the traffic!

Tnx for the Rpt....Where ya fishing tomorrow???:book1:

We fished the bay yesterday dodging storms not having the kind of luck that Racn and Ben had that's for sure ! :dontknow: Getting a slow start this morning trying to decide where to go and when . I am off at 3 monday and have tuesday off so may avoid the crowds today and plan on having a long extended monday night fishing into late tuesday . Do some rigging and rearranging today . Firing up the grill and a couple cold ones sounds good today !:icon_pidu:

Pretty work !! I caught some at the L.C. jettys last year on the yak but never at the Lesner, might have to make a trip back to one of my old favorites !!

Great job on the spanish. I'll take you to the reef for flounder fishing soon.

Craig

the best was Matt's face when he pulled it in on the beach.....he looked at me like WTF is this? neither one of expected to see that...but hey anything is possible right?