Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

4 posts in this topic

Is there a source for 10 ounce Storm sinkers? I have also heard them called Hatteras sinkers. I have been able to find 10 ounce pyramid and claw sinkers.

I know harbor tackle has 10 oz frog tounge sinkers, which work better than the storms in my opinion. Other than that, the largest I have found is 8 oz.

The frogs go up to 12oz too, as of now I use the frogs the most of the time. they have a real good holding strength in some fast moving current when it's hard to hold with 10's I'll daisey chain a Sputnik (6oz) and another weight about 4oz works most of the time.

OCSnapper

I like the idea of daisy chaining the sinkers. I have a mold for in line trolling sinkers and I can use a heavy split ring swivel to attach the trolling sinker to the breakaway sinker. As long as I keep the breakaway sinker heaver than the trolling sinker the rig should fly straight. I am going to try this out the next time I go out. I could also use this for pyramid sinkers. I bet it would hold well. The smaller trolling sinker would act like chain anchor rode does and keep the sinker properly orientated so that it will hold. I have been able to get stainless steel sinker eyes that are very strong. Thanks for the info.

ek