Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
trowpa

Record Hammerhead

8 posts in this topic

Wait a minute....

They take this magnificent creature and dump it in an orange grove?????

No pun intended, but something smells fishy here....

Steve - exactly my thoughts. I bit my lip since I didn't want to get on a soap box on C&R and be a hypocrite since I do keep fish now and then to eat (especially saltwater fish), but I do that rarely and would never do it for a rare catch like that it seems like a complete waste of an amazing creature. Very sad - i'm hoping that is some inaccurate journalism....

Of course I've never caught a world record shark - who knows what I'd do - Is there anyway to certify it without killing it???? At least if you had to kill it, there should have been some use for it other than fertilizing an orange tree...

That's a big shark. Wow.

I hear ya Trowpa, at times it is best to hold your breath. But I've never been known to hold back what I'm thinking.

Less of course it's a work secret, then mum's the word.

Guess we'll never know the truth.....

well, I guess we walk a "two way street" when it comes to a possible record fish. I think most of us would love to get our name on the IGFA World Record list(or even local fishing record list) but from what I understand the females are the largest of the species, should we be killing them just to satisfy our own egos's :?: tuff call :| what they did afterwards wth the fish is what bothers me the most :x I think I would have atleast had a partial skin mount of the head done :roll:

That is AWESOME :!: It is unfortunate they did not get to utilize the meat in a more worthy manner. The IGFA rules state that the fish must be weighed on certified scales. This places larger fish at quite a disadvantage for catch and release possibilities.... If the rules dont change, the killing for trophies and records will continue.... and some people do want to keep em n eat em or stuff em or dance in circles around the hanging carcass and slap each others rumps or whatever.... :mrgreen:

... or dance in circles around the hanging carcass and slap each others rumps or whatever.... :mrgreen:

:lol: Thanks for that mental image Chomper - brought a smile to my face :mrgreen:

... or dance in circles around the hanging carcass and slap each others rumps or whatever.... :mrgreen:

:lol: Thanks for that mental image Chomper - brought a smile to my face :mrgreen:

:welcome: