12 posts in this topic

According to Chris's Bait and Tackle's report there was a 105LB cobia wieghed in at Wallaces yesterday. Looks like we have a new state record. The best news is that the cobia have hit the bay!!

I heard about it yesterday around lunchtime. Record or not, big fish!

its a very big fish. a buddy of mine caught 9 in the bay yesterday. the 4 biggest were 93, 74, 73, 56. A LOT of big fish this year. my guess, is from the lack of molestation on their way up. how did you hear about it sam?:icon_wink:

Yeah...know someone who had one come unbuttoned in a yak today!

its a very big fish. a buddy of mine caught 9 in the bay yesterday. the 4 biggest were 93, 74, 73, 56. A LOT of big fish this year. my guess, is from the lack of molestation on their way up. how did you hear about it sam?:icon_wink:
The south is starting to look very interesting to me... :happy8:

I got to get that boat and start learning those waters!

What is the state record on cobia then? Chris's Bait and tackle had it posted as such.

What is the state record on cobia then? Chris's Bait and tackle had it posted as such.

109 lbs

108 pounds jw berberich outta williamsburg

not tryin to sound like a douche or anything but the current state record was just a hair over 109lb...weighed in at wallaces bait an tackle. it was caught during the hampton creek cobia tournament a few years back and not only was it the guys 1st cobia it was the 1st time he had ever been cobia fishing