3 posts in this topic

Normally, I wouldn't be caught dead fishing with the weekend fleet, but my neighbor wanted to double check his boat before dragging it to Crisfield. We drifted on the N side of Rt. 90 during incoming and had 8 from 14-17". That punk outfished me 7-1...I had the BT/Gulp and he had the minnows and squid. He had one that was greedy and had both of his hooks inside his mouth. Saw very few fish caught by others and none of them were legal. Who'd have thought we'd catch anything after the rains and the full moon?

Big baits = big fish in OC

A rookie fishing minnows and squid will often catch more fish in OC, but bucktailing, jigging or live bait will produce the bigguns.

Have you ever tried fishing bucktails spec rig style? Having two identical lures swimming in formation more than doubles the number of strikes you will get. Move down to the next smaller size bucktail and give it a try. Bucktails tipped with big minnows are another top producer in the backbays.

Where do you fish out of Crisfield? I've fished the puppy hole a few times in the summer and caught a nice mixed bag of blues, croaker, trout and flounder.

That's how I was fishing them-tandem, tipped with pink Gulp. Thats been a good setup for me so far this year. I use BT's just large enough to keep on the bottom while vertical jigging them. Almost all fish I've caught were on the top BT.

My buddy goes down there and fishes out of the State Park. They rent cabins there and croaker-fish for a few days.