6 posts in this topic

I've been a boat fisherman pretty much all my life. This year, I bought a 4x4 truck for a tow vehicle. I figured I'd take advantage of the lifestyle this vehicle offers and buy an AI ORV pass and give surf fishing a shot. This evening, I took my tackle and some bunker to AI, rigged up, got my bait placed in the surf to my satisfaction after about 5 casts :), and proceeded to sit on the beach and watch the moon rise. I gotta tell ya, it was one of the most relaxing and enjoyable experiences I've ever had on the water. No fish, but who cares. The scenery and serenity of it really blew my mind.

I'll definitely be spending quite a few evenings on the beach this year......

I had the same exact experience over Easter weekend. It was freaking fantastic. Now when Randy is offshore fishing during vacation, I might just come down to AI by myself to enjoy the peace and serenity of the place.

I have a very stressful job (I work with bad teenagers all day) and being there/surfishing with friends just made all that stress melt away.

Welcome to the club. It doesn't take long to get hooked :)

Nice writes, it's always nice to see someone enjoying AI.

Everyone I have brought to AI feels the same, it's just such a special place.

Oh yeah, the fishing can be good at times too, but who cares....

(me!)

My time is fast approaching 8)

In 2002 I thought I was getting my dream truck ... one that would pull a 28' boat or take me anywhere on the beach ... plus got a GREAT deal on the thing. Its a Dodge 3500 diesel (dually) I got it with 17k miles !!! Little did I know that they don't allow dually's on the beach :cry: Oh well, its still a great truck. So I am still hitting the same walk over and still catching no fish at AI