5 posts in this topic

Today is Clean The Bay Day so my nieghbor Julian and I went out and picked up trash around Bay Point in Poquoson. I hate picking up other peoples trash, but I hate seeing it around my shore line even more. There was a lot pressure treated wood that comes mostly from abandoned duck blinds and damaged piers. Several trash bags of beer,soda,oil, water cans and plastic bottles. Dozens of shotgun shell, plastic planters, waxed cardboard boxes and one old tire. If you have time this weekend grab a trash bag and walk a shore line. Even better do not let anyone throw trash overboard when your out on the water, it all ends up somewhere. Thanks. Here are a couple pics I took with my Blackberry.

img00278600x450-1.jpg

img00279600x450-1.jpg

img00280600x450-1.jpg

img00281600x450-1.jpg

img00282600x450-1.jpg

Kudos Brian! Thank you....

Barely had a place to sit, eh?

Brian, what a great example to set for everyone.

Brian,

Nice work!

VCAN had two clean up sites today as well for Clean the Bay Day.

Bucket and crew #1 were up at Mercury Blvd and Lasalle doing thier part, while Doc, DS422 and crew #2 were at Willoughby Spit.

Everything went well from what I hear.

I was down at Back Bay National Wildlife Refuge with Bulldawg and Andrew putting on a surf fishing class for the refuge! Nasty conditions, but still had some folks and thier kids show up for a good time.

Two lucky kids received a brand new 8ft rod/reel combo already spooled up, curtosey of VCAN and Bass Pro and all that participated walked away with a VCAN/Atlantic Anglers 3 gallon bucket filled with the following: Tape Measure, Stingsilver, 4/0 complete puppy drum rig, double bottom rig, towel, 1, 2, 3 and 4oz sinkers and a few other small items.

Hats off to everyone today who showed up and were stewards of the beach/bay!

This is the third year that my son (7-yr old) and I have participated in Clean the Bay Day. After the first time, my son was hooked and he wants to do it every year. He wonders why it's only done once per year. We may do Coastal Cleanup Day this year. I'm glad he's that into it and I hope other youngins are to.