4 posts in this topic

Nothing beats a forum, with pictures uploaded, teaching folks how to do it yourself.

I've been building rods for over 30 years and tend to rely on most of the old school methods, with just enough upgrade for modern materials. One of my several moto's in life is, Life is too short to cast ugly plugs with ugly rods. I have built rods for slow trolling King Macks in North Carolina, Salmon noodles in Alaska, Heavers for Hatteras, and North East pluggin and Eelin rods.

I have several rods waiting their turn in the shop right now, so when I finish the work of art on the bench, I'll go step by step with those folks that want to start up or go to the next level.

The plug building has takin a back seat to fishing, but I have a couple hundred blanks waiting their turn to spin on the lathe. Plug building, in my opinion, is the apex of skills that a fisherman achieves in the progression.

Although I have all the tools that make it it easier, powered up and production oriented, you can make do with just a few things the average home owner has laying around.

I'm going to like this place, I can see that now.

PICT0005.JPG.4ce37d43a91686a68e5f73c3c76

I'm glad you appreciate the site and welcome aboard. :icon_salut:

Welcome aboard!

I plan to do some plastic soft baits, soon I hope.