13 posts in this topic

Feel free to post your Delaware fishing reports here. Fishing really heated up last month. The larger blues have finally started to show up. Good luck to everyone.

Went out yesterday to Fenwick Island surf. Started about 1pm and went to about 4:30. No bites for the whole time except for one hit on mullet around 4pm. Had one pole with bunker but no luck. Caught one blue (14") about 4:30pm on a king fish rig with squid. Hopefully better fishing soon!

With the winds stiff and from the East

Work I was thinking, was the least

The wife knowing I had a chubby

She gave me a kiss and off went hubby

I got to the surf with the wind on the rise

Debris on the beach, I couldn't believe my eyes

I wet my lines in hope of some stripers

Looking through my windshield wipers

The rain was relentless to say the least

As the wind was picking up out of the East

My rod doubles over and decides to stay

Chit, it was a big old Southern Ray

The surf was huge and starting to pounce

I couldn't even hold with a 10 ounze

I got no sharks or any skate

For those, I sure do hate

I get a call from Jack saying Please, please please

Bring me a couple buckets of fleas

I cranked in the rods to make a little money

In hopes of brownie points with my honey

I got my quota and headed for home

As I had to pick up my little surf fishing knome

Destiny was supposed to go with her grandparents to the Crumden Auction today, but the cancelled at the last minute. I had a customer cancel as well. We decided to go wet a line together.

I went to Broadkill Beach and try for some trout and flounder. I hadn't been there for years. I tied up a rig for Destiny and before I could get another line in the water, she had one on. All the flounder were just under the size limit, but man we slayed them today.

We never did get a trout, but it was good to wet a line with my little girl.

Sweet!! Thats what its all about...sharing it with friends and family..

One spot on the list to try never have. Seems to be a good year so far for flounder around Lewes. Never really did much with flounder other than Roosevelt Inlet and the Pier. What rig(s) were you using off the beach?

With the winds stiff and from the East

Work I was thinking, was the least

The wife knowing I had a chubby

She gave me a kiss and off went hubby

I got to the surf with the wind on the rise

Debris on the beach, I couldn't believe my eyes

I wet my lines in hope of some stripers

Looking through my windshield wipers

The rain was relentless to say the least

As the wind was picking up out of the East

My rod doubles over and decides to stay

Chit, it was a big old Southern Ray

The surf was huge and starting to pounce

I couldn't even hold with a 10 ounze

I got no sharks or any skate

For those, I sure do hate

I get a call from Jack saying Please, please please

Bring me a couple buckets of fleas

I cranked in the rods to make a little money

In hopes of brownie points with my honey

I got my quota and headed for home

As I had to pick up my little surf fishing knome

:icon_thumright:

Feel free to post your Delaware fishing reports here. Fishing really heated up last month. The larger blues have finally started to show up. Good luck to everyone.

Hi Finaddict- new to the website and new to surf fishing. My 2nd year and thinking about getting a Fenwick Beach permit for my Tundra 4x4. I have never driven on the beach and would like to do it without making a butt out of myself and getting stuck. Any words of wisdom ?

By reading the site you seem to have a wealth of knowledge about the surf.

Delaware beaches are not bad to travel on. Drop your air pressure down to low 20's & don't forget to put it in 4wd. (wonder why i'm having a hard time moving...ohh yeah)

Park above the tide line just in case......

Hit the beach early or late to avoid the mid day crowds and get a little practice...

Warning Warning.... Once you get your first beach tag, and don't have to carry all your stuff back and forth over the dune paths, can you say repeat customer!

Hi Finaddict- new to the website and new to surf fishing. My 2nd year and thinking about getting a Fenwick Beach permit for my Tundra 4x4. I have never driven on the beach and would like to do it without making a butt out of myself and getting stuck. Any words of wisdom ?

By reading the site you seem to have a wealth of knowledge about the surf.

Satbrown,

First let me welcome you to the site. Got a great bunch here always willing to help.

Sandman had some great advice. Air pressure is one of the most important, next to putting your truck in 4wd. Momentum is key on the beach. <ACRONYM title=Delaware>De</ACRONYM>. beaches have a speed limit of 25 mph and I see no need to go any faster on any beach.

Make sure you have the proper req. asked for from the state (jack, block, rope, ect.) The park service has been doing a great job of checking for these items, so keep your pink slip from the permit in your glovebox. There has been tags stolen and they want to check the slip # with the Tag#.

If you are a beginner on the beach driving, take a friend who has done it before. Or, have a friend take thier truck on the beach with you. I know DMS members will help anyone in trouble on the beach.

Most importantly, have fun and be safe. Oh yeah stick a fish or two as well.

One spot on the list to try never have. Seems to be a good year so far for flounder around Lewes. Never really did much with flounder other than Roosevelt Inlet and the Pier. What rig(s) were you using off the beach?

I tied up a special rig just for Destiny. It was a tandem rig with a bead on the top and a flash-a-boo shirt on the bottom. I was using #2 flounder hooks as well.

Peeler, minnows and I was using stripped out bunker fillets.

Satbrown..another mistake i see newbie sand drivers making..is that if you are beginning to get stuck...or are moving nowhere, and your tires are spinning...don't give it more throttle unless your making forward progress. You'll only bury yourself, and get your frame on the sand...not good. A gentle touch on the gas, and low rpm's are the key. If you do begin to spin your wheels...straighten your steering wheel and try to get out. Otherwise, stop and let more pressure out of your tires, dig yourself out, etc....You don't want to be buried to the frame.

that said...you'll figure it out in no time....and youll always want to have your "Ride" out there with you....

All beaches are not the same. I find the beache north of IRI is more "dead sand" than any other beaches in De. Other are pretty compacted.