12 posts in this topic

Another good week of catching. As we head into the month of June, hopefully that striper bite will continue into this week before the majority of them move to the north. Snapper blues were thick at times in the surf last week as well.

Feel free to post your reports here, fish or no fish.

Fished yesterday in doggie infested waters.

Sorry to hear Scott, they all must be still around since I have not been out to fish...

Fished today on AI/MD then in DE beaches and nothing but doggie after doggie everywhere.

fished monday 3pm till midnight caught doggies and skate, fished tuesday from 4 till 1am caught a 27 inch wide rough back ray, lost what i think is a striper, rod bent line started to scream set the hook and gave it a little extra pop then nothing, brought it in head was unscathed and found i had little clearance between the hook point and the head, so due to my mistake and not leaving enough room to set the hook I lost the fish, did land plenty of doggie after that. went out wens, lots more doggies and blues caught and landed a cow nose ray, on the smallish side. Oh well live and learn.:angry6:

Well I weathered the storm last night and went out on the Rt 50 bridge. As soon as i parked the sky opened up and it was pouring, thankfully i had my rain suit with me. I started at about 10:30 and 20 minutes later i had some great pullage on a 6 inch pearl storm lure. Unfortuantely 40 seconds into the fight it spit my hook. I did end up catching 6 all between 24 and 28 inches. I was going to keep the 28 but i figured i'd let it grow to be caught another day. I also caught a couple blues and some even shorter rocks. I had a blast for the couple hours i was there and right before the night was over i hooked into a monster of somekind. I couldn't get any leverage on it and finally it broke my line after a couple minutes. I don't think i was a ray bacause usually when i hook in to them they just shred the line off of the reel because of the current. All and all i had a great night

Heres a photo of the 28in one I caught. Sorry about the quality it was dark and my phone doesn't have a flash.

5852a5658f9b1_BridgeRock6409.jpg.6fbad64

Nice fish.

Can't always be positive news,

I got skunked Saturday 9am - 4 pm, not even a snapper, skate, or doggie. I threw all I had at em....:crybaby2: