12 posts in this topic

Headed down to Back Bay Wildlife Preserve on Saturday to see what was swimming and man it was a nice day to be on the beach !! Long quiet morning with the entire beach to myself till almost noon !! Set out 3 rods and was casting with the 4th looking for some blues . After being out there all day thursday and nothing to show for it , it was not looking to promising again Saturday !

Afternoon proved a little different though ! Spotted some blues popping on top and cast out a Sling Jig and hit the school dead on and hooked up a 14" blue right away . Got him to the beach recast and immediately had another on a little bigger and to the beach . There was a guy that came over that was just chillin with his wifeand daughter to see what I was using so I handed him my rod to try but he did not have the same luck . I let him use it while I was changing up the baits on my other rods but the school had moved on but he enjoyed the opportunity to try . An hour later another school came by and picked out one about 18 inches out of that school ! Nice to see them getting bigger !

Andrew K showed up and we settled back into drowning bait until Anthony Davis hooked into a big 3' Blue that had him bowed up to our left ! We freshened the baits and sat back waiting . About 45 minutes later Andrew hooked into one that started jumping like a tarpon when he set the hook and after a couple runs he was jumping again in the shallow waves . He pulled in a 36+Bluefish ! As we were snapping pictures My rod doubled over and as I set the hook mine started flying out of the water too !! After a couple good runs I beached another 36+ Bluefish ! We quickly took pictures and released them for release citations !

5852a56265c16_CitBlue4.jpg.a6de7be04ab6d

RSCN0070.jpg.d24a5894a60f1d6588afd33de35

Heres the Picture of Anthony's Blue , It did not upload with the others . Hope to see him on the site soon .

DSCN0060.jpg.50464c825cd363e6e1f05b056a9

Sweeeeeet job Guys!

Hope it's that way for us next Saturday for the class!:icon_thumright:

Pretty work, guys!

Those are some great catches from the beach!!! Congrats!

yeah it was definently fun from the beach with my heaver.....unfortuantly we couldn't find anymore of them, but still turned out to be a great day non the less.

Thanks for the report and perty fish !! You can tell they're spring-time Blues AKA all head and no A$$ :lol:

They were real thin !! Headed north from Carolina really rippin up the glass minnows . Maybe theres enough bait in the area to keep them around a little while . :icon_pray: They are a blast from the beach especially on lighter tackle !

Matt & Andrew,

Congrats on the citations. Great to see some dues payin cashed in on :icon_thumleft:

Also wanted to says thanks in advance for helping Dixie Steve hold the surf fishing class this Saturday June 6th at the Refuge Beach :glasses1:

Like the sweet hat ya got on too! :icon_pirat:

Mark

i just hope the weather holds out for this saturday....

is there a thread for the surf class?