6 posts in this topic

Made my first trip this season to The Chesapeake Light Tower for some Spade fish and man they were biting. I Departed Rudee inlet at 0700 hrs to a 2-3 ft ocean chop, the tower is about 15 miles offshore so I made it there in about 30 minutes cruising at 30 mph. I got set up under the tower and jumped in with my speargun to see what was going on.

The current was ripping and this visibility was average at about 15 ft with the spades hanging right at 15-20ft. I stuck one and looked around for a little while before getting back on the ski. I rod and reel fished the rest of the time using fresh clams dropped to 15-20 ft with an inline 2 oz sinker. I caught 8 and kept 3 more up to 5lbs. Most of the boats around me were catching fish as well Had a great morning and it felt good to be back on and in the water again, I am sure I will be back out again soon looking for some bigger ones.

Back at Rudee at 1115hrs and did a survey of my catch with NOAA Fisheries at the dock. I covered 32 miles and burned 6.7 gallons today.

dsc_0001e600x398-1.jpg

dsc_0004c600x398-1.jpg

dsc_0013d600x398-1.jpg

dsc_0014c1600x398-1.jpg

dsc_0024b600x398-1.jpg

dsc_0027a600x398-1.jpg

dsc_0053c600x398-1.jpg

dsc_0072d3600x398-1.jpg

dsc_0076c600x398-1.jpg

Brian,

Must have been nice with only a limited number of boats out there. I hope to make an early trip before the parking lot settles in!:icon_rr:

Nice work!

Very nice, Brian. I especially like the first photo.

Thanks Sam, I am going to give it a try again in the wind tomorrow.

Brian,

sweet catch, so when are you going to get me out there?

I've been looking for websites about this setup you have and havent found too much, mostly outta new zealand. I dont own one or have ever ridden one...but if its like dirt bikes i'm game. thanks brian...I've been fixated by this since I saw your setup...Any help seeing a few more different types or sites where this is going on would be greatly appreciated. If not I have a general idea and hopefully will act on this this year....