7 posts in this topic

Tagged and released 14 fish today, all on Pearl White Gulp! Alive again with a red jig head.

When the water started ripping at the pier, the bite slowed to nothing, so I went to another spot and started to get into them again.

Total of 11 flounder tagged and the guy next to me had some fresh crab and caught 3 puppy drum up to 17" I tagged for him.

Wind from from the E @ 6-10 and water was stirred up a bit. Small croaker and spot were also caught by others on the pier.

Lost two 16"-17" flounder as well...one to a knot failure and the other to him cutting the line with a head shake on the way up...Maybe some day I will learn my lesson and buy a net!

Dixie how do you get involved with tagging the fish that you catch? It is something ive been thinking about getting into if possible.

Good job on the fishing!!

They give classes in late winter and have a sign up.

Virginia Saltwater Fishing Tournament

Virginia Gamefish Tagging Program

968 S. Oriole Drive

Virginia Beach, VA 23451

(757) 491 - 5160

(757) 491-5172 (fax)

vswft@mrc.virginia.gov

So when the time comes i just need to contact the VMRC and get set up? Thanks for the info.

Yep!

The classes are usually held at Bass Pro and Ocean's East.

You may be able to get set up now, just not sure!

Sign up now they only take so many taggers. They will send you a letter letting you know when the seminars will be and where they will be held. They like to have about 200 taggers a year or only like to have 200 total not sure on that one.