10 posts in this topic

Pretty much the same exact conditions as yesterday, so I put on the white Gulp Alive 4" swimming mullet on the red jig head again and went at it.

Again it took awhile to find them, but once I did it was game on. Ended up tagging 22 flounder today between 10"-17.5".

Now the heartbreak, had a huge hit, which picked me up and ran and as I get the fish close, I see it's a nice flounder. Massage it over to the side of the pier and notice he's a 20"+ flounder and thick! He starts going for the pilings and crab pot net some guy had out, but I was able to turn him away. As I begin to ease him up out of the water (no net around), he stays calm and I begin to get him up towards the rail, when he gave me one last Shake, Rattle and Roll of the head and a C YA LATER GATOR!:angry3:

Nothing I could do but bang my head, no doubt he would have been sitting beside some crrabmeat later or in an oil bath. So hard to get them with some size from the pier or surf down here, so it was a touch depressing, but I can't complain as the last two days have been nothing but enjoyable.

My two day count for about 4 hours total fishing has been 35 tagged flounder, lost 16+ at the rail, lost 12+ on top of the water, and missed about 24+ on the bottom.

I'll take it and run!:glasses1:

Pretty much the same exact conditions as yesterday, .........

Again it took awhile to find them, but once I did it was game on. Ended up tagging 22 flounder today between 10"-17.5". ........

My two day count for about 4 hours total fishing has been 35 tagged flounder, lost 16+ at the rail, lost 12+ on top of the water, and missed about 24+ on the bottom.

I'll take it and run!:glasses1:

All I got to say is you are one fishing sob... Good job Dixie...

thanks for the relort. Sounds like you've had a blast now that you have found them. Hopefully they will stick in your area for a while longer.

sounds like fun steve.......... great day at rudee tagged 119 flounder from 8inches to 18 3/4 all morning gulps were on fire........ 4 pups 1 spec..........fun fun fun....see ya.........

Nice work! I have to get out someplace and fish this weekend.

That's quite a bit of "catching", not to mention fishing. Good job on the tagging, Steve.

YO DIXIE MAN ~~ I AM BACK IN TOWN AGAIN ........

2688 MILES IN 4 DAYS......

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED ::

(Now I can fish everyday until Sept 1st)

clear.gif

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED ?

Doesn't the grass need cutting... :)

The grass was cut when I left.....I drove 2688 miles in 4 days to take that pic.

Move in date is June 1st ~ zip code 66605