6 posts in this topic

Thursday afternoon of this week I'll be making yet another run down to AI in hopes of getting my first fish from the surf that is NOT a skate and I was wondering if anyone would be willing to have me pull up next to them and get some insight as to what I'm doing wrong. I've asked on here and gotten some great responses and tried everything I can but still not getting any luck.

So if anyone is down there Thursday, probably starting around 5:30 pm, that wouldn't mind me setting up right next to them (just far enough not to cross lines) please let me know. Thanks.

P.S.- As the old saying goes, give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day....teach a man to fish, he'll buy you beers after...

*note- only valid for those of drinking age....ha

how long are you staying?

I am usually out on weekends and I have no problems with you setting up next to me.

Iwas thinking of headn down to A.I. thurs after work not real sure yet can let you know later this afternoon if I do go you more than glad to join me :brave:

hey Lax I don't know what the guys here have told you but the biggest mistake I see is not using enough bait!!!!!

You gotta change your bait at least every 15 minutes. Fish for a long stretch and fish hard and you will catch 'em.

Thursday will probably only be a short trip (5-10 or 11 depending) then I'll be back out saturday and/or sunday and stay through until monday. If I beat anyone down there that would like to help out I drive a white cherokee and I always sit in these obnoxiously bright green folding chairs.....may or may not have my chocolate lab w/ me.

Eso- I do the 15 minute rotation I keep at least 2 out with heads and change those either every cast or every other depending on how chewed they are. I keep pretty darn busy.

Well as long as your using the rigs that people suggest here and use fresh bait you will catch fish. Sometimes it runs in streaks though. I have good and bad streaks. I have gone all spring without catching a rock and then catch a bunch in the fall.

One thing for sure the bad streaks will always be more often than the good no matter what you do.