149 posts in this topic

Wanted to start a specific thread for fishing reports in Rehoboth Bay/Canal and Indian River Bay/Inlet as well as Masseys Ditch. I fish weekly there and will post my results. I urge others to do the same. Maybe we can learn something from one another.

Fished today. Great weather.

Drifted Masseys Ditch and IR Bay outside Masseys on outgoing tide with no luck. Headed over to VFW Slough until slack tide and caught 1 skate.

Used Double jig and big eye jig with minnows and gulp.

Didn't see anyone catch anything all morning.

Heading down Friday morning to fight the crouds all weekend. Hopefully we catch some fish!

Fished off the bulk head with minnows and fish bites. NOTHING! Too much traffic I think.

Nobody caught anything else either. Weather was warm windy and kinda overcast on Sunday the 24th.

Fished IR bay for about 5 hours on outgoing tide on Sunday May 24 with my 2 sons. Used keely's and caught 2 throw back flounder about 17" each and 3 blues.

Lots of fishing this past holiday weekend... started out slow and finished with a bang!

Friday - Drifted just out of Masseys in IR Bay along with about 10 other boats. Caught a huge stingray... garbage,but a good fight. Didn't catch anything else and didn't see anyone else reel in. Using Minnows.

Saturday - Drifted same spot and wife caught a skate. Nothing else, just 20 other boats not catching anything either... moved to the sandbar drift on the Rehoboth Bay side of Masseys. No luck there either... saw one boat catch a throwback founder. Using minnows and 4" GULP

Sunday - Drifted both spots with not even a bite!

Sunday night (our luck changed!!!) - Headed to IR Inlet at dusk and caught a great SHAD run. Pulled in a dozen nice 12" - 15" shad on ultralight tackle with small rapala trebble hook top lures...fun throwbacks! As it got dark we moved to the coast guard marina opening and the blues were going mad for the top lures. Pulled in 10+ in the 12" range. Used a 1/4 oz white bucktail with a white grub to land 3 short stripers 18" - 22".

Fished till the tide slacked and started going out after midnight. The outgoing tide was raging fast and the stripers showed up under the light at the Coast Guard piont. Put on a 6" Glow in the Dark STORM lure and nailed two 24" stripers, 1 20" striper and a nice 10lb 29" KEEPER!!! at 1:30am. *(we also used live eel and black bucktails with no luck)*

I will post a pick of the keeper soon.

2 week break and I will be back at it.

Anyone have any luck in the Bays this past weekend?

Heading down Sunday. Fishing Lewis Canal and Rosevelt Inlet. Gonna try the inner rock wall if its calm. Heading to IR Inlet for sunset and full moon stripers at night!!!!

Will post results on Monday.

Anyone else??? Or does everyone on this forum only fish from the beach?

Thanks for the reports!

There have been numerous people talking and asking about the <ACRONYM title="Indian River Inlet">IRI</ACRONYM>, the threads are in the <ACRONYM title=Delaware>DE</ACRONYM> section scattered around.

You can be assured that they are reading your posts and learning from them....

I read them, but you can rest assured that I'll be paying close attention come the last week of july, first week of august and will be posting reports come the second week

Fished IRI Jetty Last Night Several Large stripers were caught on 5 inch Storm Lures. I noticed tons of shad and Rock flipping around the Coast Gaurd station inlet Under the big lights.

I also found a dead baby whale head on the beach. Its right next to the Jetty. I stuck a piece of wood up in the sand to mark it. I wanted to take it home, but figured Id probably get in trouble of having a whale skull on my wall.