4 posts in this topic

Just got back to NC from the beach. Fished Friday, Saturday, with Sunday and Monday not going due to gale-force winds and also rain.

Friday - Fished on the area of pier where it rises up (about half way out). Using fresh shrimp from Berry's, I landed several small whiting, along with several small drums. I saw one person walking to wiegh station an estimated 30" king mackeral. This was the only king I saw both days.

Saturday AM - Saw one sheepshead caught...unknown bait. Many small drum and whiting caught on fresh shrimp. Most fish came from south-side of pier.

Saturday PM - There were four guys casting the south side of the pier at almost the end with Got Cha lures. They were literally tearing up the Spanish. I saw them catch around 10 or so in about an hour. The fish were nothing to write home about as far as size, but all were over 14".

Saturday PM - My biggest catch was a string ray. Those are some fighting rascals! It took me about 8 minutes to see what I had caught and get him landed with a drop net. Although disappointed it wasn't a large fish, I realy enjoyed the good fight.

Sunday and Monday - Rain and gale force winds all but closed down the pier, so I was unable to fish any more.

If you go...Get you some Got Cha lures. Cast them off the pier about 4/5's of the way to the end of the pier. Good luck!

The seas were producing some rough conditions during the past two days... and likely will continue to do so for the rest of this week.

2009_0519beach0131.jpg.c78394f53ab8486b6

That water looks beautiful to me! Thanks for the report and picture.

Welcome aboard!