46 posts in this topic

Fishing continues to be very good. A fair number of stripers are still being caught, as well as some black drum. Hopefully this trend will continue into this week. Feel free to post your reports, fish or no fish...go FISH!...and have fun!

Went out both Monday and Tuesday night......Nil and Nil......hopefully I'm the only one.

Fished the oc pier today and got 5doggies the biggest at around 4.5ft and probably 15-20lbs all on bunker... Had another good run but it spit the hook. So nothing great but something to pull. Gl to all

I went out yesterday afternoon/evening and stayed till about 11:00 or so. I ended up with several skates, a cownose ray, big doggies, and one striper. just about legal size but I didn't measure it, gonna release it anyway. I had several runs/drops too. Water looks nice with the NE. Only a small bit of grass where I am fishing.

Might head back out tonight. Got a lot of work to do today first....

these small sandbars that are moving in can really run with a head but rarely swallow the damnthing to get hooked...at least that's what I tell myself...

My brother and i went out Monday night a couple hours before low tide. We were using bunker and didn't have much luck. He caught a skate a dogfish shark. The water was pretty rough and the wind was blowing pretty good at times. I didn't have any luck until the very end of the night when i was packing it in. My smaller pole went down hard and i knew it had to be a fish from the way it was fighting.

I had a large piece of bunker tail on so figured it had to be a larger fish. Once i got it in close enough to see i knew it wasn't a skate or dogfish and finally when i got it all the way in it ended up being a 32 inch bluefish. My other pole didn't see any action all night with a bunker head on it. But at least i got to hook into something that was actually a fish. Better late than never.

Oh yea i forgot to mention when i was examining the fish i noticed behind its gills on both sides it had to nasty wounds that looked like it was attacked by a shark or something. I wish i took pictures of it to show you guys.

5852a55d605be_bluefishmay18.jpg.2703e66c

I love to smoke Blues!!!!

I'll be out in the morning to give it a shot.

hit the beach today with dad and one of his buddies...1 36" slender striper and a few blues. Only threw heads...crabs and/or blues were tearing my chunks up and decided enough of that...heads only. nice spring day on the beach.

assateague-striped-bass.jpg.06f7027f7583WuTxtYe0RJd9D9eKmodQT1eOxKVn9HR9qJZ1l3DABgGYuD7sdGR36CZsrFXqeNADhNijX9NfAyI+Sz1Sug0AAAAASUVORK5CYII=

Oh yea i forgot to mention when i was examining the fish i noticed behind its gills on both sides it had to nasty wounds that looked like it was attacked by a shark or something. I wish i took pictures of it to show you guys.

[ATTACH]6336[/ATTACH]

Nice catch!

I would guess the injury was caused by some sort of abrasion during the fight or other bluefish sensing another fish in distress.

I'm sure there are larger sharks around this time of the year, (Threshers) but considering the water temperature I doubt that was the case.

1aK+F4PJ7cBm32CUNiyI2GAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Headed out today for my 1st of the year. I had a blast today with the blues. I caught around 20 blues today, all were 15-20+ inches. (nothing like the 32 in chopper! (NICE Fish). But it was a blast! Great weather too!

6-10am was great, and 12-3pm was great, but for some reason 10-12 was quite. I had to pry myself off the beach, as I kept thinking "the next one would be huge". None were huge, but always fun.

Still in need of a Striped fish.

I'm looking forward to playing hooky from work more often, if I would have had email access I would have emailed another sick day and stayed the night.

fished ai/va weds+thurs w/a buddy first time in va 1 schoolie striper,small flounder,snapper blue,small doggie + skate used bunker,clam + peelers dont know what we are doing wrong but others were catching keeper drum and stripers. oh well guess thats the way it works sometimes. btw first time at kool ice too, that is the the way to go for bunker.

nice spot ya picked coop! congats on the fishes. Good information on the blues though, I'll have to prepare accordingly...

Great fishing everyone. I am stuck doing the work thing, but will be out soon. Save a few for me.

yea Scott I found the blues too. Didn't have enough bait to only throw heads..... I did catch a couple 12" ers on 12/0 hooks though. Hungry devils.

hit the beach today with dad and one of his buddies...1 36" slender striper and a few blues. Only threw heads...crabs and/or blues were tearing my chunks up and decided enough of that...heads only. nice spring day on the beach.

[ATTACH]6339[/ATTACH]WuTxtYe0RJd9D9eKmodQT1eOxKVn9HR9qJZ1l3DABgGYuD7sdGR36CZsrFXqeNADhNijX9NfAyI+Sz1Sug0AAAAASUVORK5CYII=

Pretty work Coop! Nice fish!

nice fish Coop good job I'm going to try to get down to A.I. today after work :icon_thumleft:

nice pics guys hope to get time off work to make it down.

NIce fish to Coop, JS and all the rest. You are making me think too hard about fighting the ridiculous traffic that will be this weekend to come down for another crack at the pullage. I was just about to pull the plug but now I am rethinking it.

Way to go guys!

Caught doggies and skate on bunker. Caught stripers on sea clams. Stripers had sores. The condition of the fish didn't look good. DNR says to be careful how you handle these fish because the disease is transferable if you have any open cuts.

hit Ai monday from 7 til 2am caught a half dozen doggies, tue from 3 till 3am nothing, wensday from 3 till 3 am half dozen blues, doggies, and skate, my striper less streak continues......