46 posts in this topic

Fishing continues to be very good. A fair number of stripers are still being caught, as well as some black drum. Hopefully this trend will continue into this week. Feel free to post your reports, fish or no fish...go FISH!...and have fun!

Went out both Monday and Tuesday night......Nil and Nil......hopefully I'm the only one.

Fished the oc pier today and got 5doggies the biggest at around 4.5ft and probably 15-20lbs all on bunker... Had another good run but it spit the hook. So nothing great but something to pull. Gl to all

I went out yesterday afternoon/evening and stayed till about 11:00 or so. I ended up with several skates, a cownose ray, big doggies, and one striper. just about legal size but I didn't measure it, gonna release it anyway. I had several runs/drops too. Water looks nice with the NE. Only a small bit of grass where I am fishing.

Might head back out tonight. Got a lot of work to do today first....

these small sandbars that are moving in can really run with a head but rarely swallow the damnthing to get hooked...at least that's what I tell myself...

My brother and i went out Monday night a couple hours before low tide. We were using bunker and didn't have much luck. He caught a skate a dogfish shark. The water was pretty rough and the wind was blowing pretty good at times. I didn't have any luck until the very end of the night when i was packing it in. My smaller pole went down hard and i knew it had to be a fish from the way it was fighting.

I had a large piece of bunker tail on so figured it had to be a larger fish. Once i got it in close enough to see i knew it wasn't a skate or dogfish and finally when i got it all the way in it ended up being a 32 inch bluefish. My other pole didn't see any action all night with a bunker head on it. But at least i got to hook into something that was actually a fish. Better late than never.

Oh yea i forgot to mention when i was examining the fish i noticed behind its gills on both sides it had to nasty wounds that looked like it was attacked by a shark or something. I wish i took pictures of it to show you guys.

5852a55d605be_bluefishmay18.jpg.2703e66c

I love to smoke Blues!!!!

I'll be out in the morning to give it a shot.

hit the beach today with dad and one of his buddies...1 36" slender striper and a few blues. Only threw heads...crabs and/or blues were tearing my chunks up and decided enough of that...heads only. nice spring day on the beach.

assateague-striped-bass.jpg.06f7027f7583WuTxtYe0RJd9D9eKmodQT1eOxKVn9HR9qJZ1l3DABgGYuD7sdGR36CZsrFXqeNADhNijX9NfAyI+Sz1Sug0AAAAASUVORK5CYII=