17 posts in this topic

OK, I am sure Chip cannot wait until I post his picture with his FIRST Red Drum from the surf. I made plans to take Chip out for a little surf action last week. I picked a day and we headed out. Conditions were perfect IMO. Hope we can do it again sometime Chip.

Congrads brother on your first

The fish went 52" with a 30" girth.

HPIM1319.jpg.708b02eef9e1e89c9b8b2cd7313

Not a bad way to start off!

Nice Drum!:glasses2:

Thanks MORTY ready to go fishing :icon_pidu: with you just let me know thanks again appreciate it

fantastic!

wash her off next time:eusa_dance:

Congrats Chip, good show Morty.

Thanks Ben yea I know was in a hurry to get her measured and to get her back in the water asap sorry .:icon_salut:

just busting on ya, HUGE FISH.

In the past year I started "dipping" all my fish before the pic and the release, only takes about 5 seconds and makes a big difference in a memorable shot...keep it in mind for your next huge drum!

So how bout a fight story? <ACRONYM title=Virginia>VA</ACRONYM> Fish?

Ben she put up one heck of a fight had to tighten my drag about 3 to 4 times and she still kept taken line I didn't see the tail when it came out of the water the first time but Morty did told me I'm not sayn what it is then she surfaced it look like a dam submarine lol coming up !:brave:I'm going to say she fought from 15 min to about 25 just guessing of course

Thanks Ben I'll keep that in mind next time hopefully there will be a next time :eusa_dance:

Nice job, Chip! That fish is a beast!

Congrats!!!!!!

I am still waiting to pull my first out of the surf!

Thanks Sam and Jim , Jim I had been waiting along time for this one myself my first big bull will never forget you will get yours too Jim just keep at and fish hard thanks to everyone for the compliments and thanks to Morty good luck to everyone fishing tight lines .:brave:

WOW! congrats... what a beautiful fish! Couldn't start out any better than that!