8 posts in this topic

Hello,

My family amd I are planning a trip to Ocean City for a few days in late August. I do a lot of freshwater fishing at home in Canada, so I am hoping to take my dad on an offshore charter for tuna/marlin/dorado...

I was just wondering if anybody had any tips or suggestions on booking a charter out of Ocean City. There will only be 2 of us going on the charter, so I'm trying to find a smaller boat charter.

Thanks

Hello, and welcome to the site.

Nice to have you here!

When you have the time, give us the low-down on fishing up your way.

Some of the O.C. locals will answer up with some tips shortly.

We're in the middle of our Striper migration, many folks out fishing....

Thanks Steve,

Freshwater fishing is just starting to heat up, up here. In my local area walleye and pike season just openned, hoping to get out on Sunday if the weather improves. Bass and muskie season opens soon.

Jim

Thanks Randy, I'll check out the links.

Jim

Hi Jim,Welcome to OC,Try going to coastal fisherman on line,and check for a make up charters,were other people in the same situation with not enough anglers for a full charter (6 people)sign up an pay a deposit,and when they get 6 they put you together on a bigger boat more suitable for offshore.Ocean city fishing center will be glad to help.Tuna action will be fired up at that time.TIght lines,Dennis

Thanks for the info guys. The Coastal Fisherman was a great read. Great photos!! If we catch something on our charter I'll have to send in a photo.

It was interesting looking at the photos of people with black drum. Up hear in Canada we have freshwater drum in some of our larger lakes, which look very similar. Nobody ever tries to catch them, usually get them when slow trolling for other species, considered "junk" fish.

I've communicated with Captain Dan, of Finchaser Sportfishing a few times through email and on the phone, and it looks like we are set to head out with him. I can't wait!!

I decided to book a full boat. since my wife and sister might come on the charter depending on the weather.

This will be our "biggest" family vacation yet...

5 adults, 2 kids ... 16 days ... 3000 plus miles ...Walt Disney World ... Ocean City ... fishing for Redfish in Florida ... offshore fishing in Ocean City!!!

Where are ya going in FL?

Mosquito Lagoon has some great Red hunting.

Tampa gives you variety, and the Keys are out of sight.

Hi Steve,

In Florida I have booked a charter with Captain Jim Ross to target Redfish in the Mosquito Lagoon, or tarpon and other species near shore, depending on what is biting.

JimW