8 posts in this topic

Gents:

What are the best times to fish <ACRONYM title="Assateague Island">AI</ACRONYM> in relation to tides? The following is the tide table for May 29, 30 and 31 when I'll be trying my luck there. Is there any particular rule as to when to fish? I thought usually middle of the day is slow, but it looks like that's when the high tide will be. Appreciate any help.

F 29 High 12:16 AM

29 Low 7:04 AM

29 High 1:03 PM

29 Low 7:13 PM

Sa 30 High 1:14 AM

30 Low 8:02 AM

30 High 2:00 PM

30 Low 8:20 PM

Su 31 High 2:10 AM

31 Low 9:02 AM

31 High 2:55 PM

31 Low 9:30 PM

I fish time of day more so than tides. A lot of people seem to like high tide, but a lot of fish that I have caught have been at DEAD low. As long as the tide is moving you will be Ok. you will catch some fish at slack tide but I wouldn't count on it. Slack tide is usually snack time for me.

I fish when i can. That being said, the way i use tide charts is to try to plan the trip ( as best i can) so that i can arrive on the beach at LOW. Low water will best show you where the holes, and cuts are. There is no telling when ( during the tide cycle) fish will bite, if you've picked a good spot to fish. It could potentially yield fish at any tide stage.

fish time of day first and then incoming tide IMO

fish time of day first ....

Does that mean early morning, evening and nite?

Thanks

Does that mean early morning, evening and nite?

Thanks

Sun Up and Sun Down are the two most productive times.

Don't take that as only fish at those times though. Fish can turn on at anytime of day or throughout any part of the tide.

Just put your hours in and try not to worry about time of day or tide, Just fish your game!

for me the best scenario has been about a 10:00pm peak high tide...you get low light, incoming water...FISH ON!

If I had a choice, which isn't the case...low to high...low tide a few hours before sundown and fish until high tide. Man, thats pretty close to Friday...may have to go out!