7 posts in this topic

I'll be staying with some friends June 3-10 (or thereabouts) about a block from the beach in Avalon - not a fishing vacation, but you can bet I'll bring some rods and reels and will be stealing away to fish as much as possible. Anyone fish there? Have any tips on bait shops, locations to fish, etc?

I use to surf that area often (15 years ago),,,if I am remembering correctly, there are all kinds of jetties throughout that area that holds fish and there still should be some good striper action there that time of year.

Yeah - i checked the sattelite (map.google.com) picture - and it looked like a pretty interesting beach. Never seen it in person before Only time i've ever been to Avalon was to play at "Jack's place" - a bar down there. From the sattelite pic, it looks like there is some type of seawall and point on the north end of town as well as possible sandbars (based on the breaker pattern). I sure hope you're right about the stripers still being around too!

Hey man i surf that area pretty offen if i can in summer...I actually might even be down there that week surfing with one of my friends on i believe 20th street or 20th avenue or w/e its callled...KIT with me when you go and maby ill just have to take the rods and wet a line or two! ive never fished that area but yes there are a few nice little jetties along that area of beach that look like they could hold fish! dont know what kind but hey im sure there is something there!

Nate

Nate - definitely will do! I forget the exact streen number right now, but I think we're staying around 26th. Hope to hook up and do some fishing!

Less than a week away - tic tic tic - gotta start googling Avalon fishing reports....anyone know of good sources (Websites, bait & tackle, forums, etc) for this area?

Reports are good out of avalon for stripers, I'll have an entire week.....plus my gig on Friday night is cancelled - so I can leave even earlier...

Prayin for Lots of good luck and to keep "the look" away from my wife.... :mrgreen: