7 posts in this topic

I think I posted this a while ago, but I am looking for the largest level wind reel made...anyone know of one? the Penn gti 345 series is the largest I could find so far.

penn-gti-345.jpg.8a4aae67ee0dad215148611

Did you ever find anything? I am curious about this as well.

I think that's one of the biggest I've seen.

Plan'n on kite fishing from the suds?

Kayak fishing. Put the bait on the back of the kayak and head out to the open ocean. Drop the bait off the back of the yak and return to shore.

Well, if ya got close to a grand to drop, check out the Penn Gold International. They are two speed, that helps a lot. Not all are level wind though.

I was thinking about putting three miles of 500# cable on an electric winch, LOL!

Looks like i'LL be buying the penn...thanks

Kayak fishing. Put the bait on the back of the kayak and head out to the open ocean. Drop the bait off the back of the yak and return to shore.

How far out? That is a lot of paddling and reeling to feed crabs. Not to mention all that line would be pulled with a decent current. I've had to use bricks to hold around 250 yards and reeling them in gets reeeeel old. :happy7:

It would be interesting to know how deep it gets and what the bottom structure looks like at different distances past 250 yards.

Anyone cruising in front of Assateague with a fish/depth finder, let us know.

WuTxtYe0RJd9D9eKmodQT1eOxKVn9HR9qJZ1l3DABgGYuD7sdGR36CZsrFXqeNADhNijX9NfAyI+Sz1Sug0AAAAASUVORK5CYII=

I'll take my ff/df out sometime this summer to have a look.