5 posts in this topic

Well we only got to go out on Sat, but it turned out to be a beautiful day----but then any day on the beach is beautiful to me-----I didn't find the bullpen, I wound up just above it as I found out later------we did not catch a thing, not even any hits-----had fresh bait--herring, bunker, and clams---don't think it was that------maybe location---but sometimes you just have days like that-----OH Well---I was on the beach, thats what counts. When we were leaving around 6:30, we stopped at the ranger station and heard about the new record, he said 58 lbs--love to see some pics----anyway we learned a little more about the island and will continue to learn more as we go---Boy things change in 10 to 15 years but the beach is still great and it is so much better than Va end of the island, I think I am back to Md for most of the time---------didn't get a chance to meet any of you guys, but we will be going all year, so I hope to see some of you sometime!! ----------remember------THATS WHY THEY CALL IT FISHING-----------------------

Even though you didnt catch fish, sounds like you still had a blast,,,It just goes to show ya, you dont have to catch to have a good time,,,look forward to meeting you soon.

I look at it the same way - anyday on the beach is a good day, regardless of what you catch. - catching fish is just a good bonus to an already great day! :lol: ill be down alot here in the next month trying my luuck at whatevers out there and hopefully some smaller sharks in the summer! feel free to stop by and say hi if you see me around! i drive a red chevy blazer with the country music comming out of it and plus im the youngest guy on the site soo you shouldnt have a problem finding me!

hope to see ya soon and good luck out there!

I'm glad you made it out. I love that place. :-)

Stopped & met Bev @ Harbor Tackle Friday morning on our way to the beach, really good experience...good bait...good tackle...good advice...what's not to like! We hit AI @ 2pm & fished til dark....a couple of skates. Got fresh herring on Sat at Bucks & returned to the beach @ 2 hrs. before high tide & fished with 8 lines in the water until 11 pm. We tried everything...a couple of skates. :censored: The weather was fabulous...the fish... nowhere to be found. Oh well, we'll be back on the return run in the fall. Until then, its the rivers & the Jersey surf & hopefully that 57 pounder won't pass up my line next time! :mrgreen: