2 posts in this topic

well I saw that warm water that has pushed up the beach so went with a friend of mine on his boat for a spur the moment exploration trip. we didnt leave the dock until 4 and were back at I think 6:30. we saw about a 25 lb. cobia, hooked him and pulled him off:angry4: oh well, it happens. then saw another really tiny one. after that the sightcasting opportunities were pretty much done with no tower on the boat and a low sun. we decided to put out the trolling gear for spanish and blues and it was epic. they were all small, pretty much all between 12-14", but it was fun and fast. they would often hit before you set the planer in the rod holder. only thing I can compare it to is bailing dolphin, pretty much just as fast as you could do it at times. in that 1 hour or so that we trolled I didnt count but the longest I went without a bite was maybe 3-4 minutes when we got off our track. absolutely great fishing for a spur the moment trip.

its time. get your stuff ready. lots of big fish around and plenty of charter captains with open days.