98 posts in this topic

Great catches to all. You guys rock...and thanks for the pictures. Gives me something to dream about...:hello:

We went out the restof the weekend with only a couple of doggie. Our friend from d.c. Fished with us for Friday night and Saturday but the surfdidnt prevail again. He caught a 16in tog in the bay and said he had two breakoffs on peeler. So all in all a good weekend. Btw fishbreath nice blacks and if you don't mind me asking what were you using for bait. Gl to all who head out!

Well at Saturday 2:30am I found myself,my son Hunter,Morty and another friend <acronym title="Assateague Island"><acronym title="Assateague Island"><acronym title="Assateague Island"><acronym title="Assateague Island">AI</acronym></acronym></acronym></acronym>/<acronym title="Virginia"><acronym title="Virginia"><acronym title="Virginia"><acronym title="Virginia">VA</acronym></acronym></acronym></acronym> bound for some more striper/drum action. Got there set up got to a beautiful sunrise and started catching doggies and skates every rod every cast, finally at 8:30 I get a different bite/fight and a real fish a 26" black drum on clam. We didnt have another good knock down until 1:30pm when my rod goes off and after a short tussle it ends up being a 44" 33lb rockfish on peeler. also had some kingfish and blowtoads.

Nice fish FB!! That spot looks familiar. Congrats!!

100_1951.jpg.3c736eb627ae1910fa76cc98da9

100_1953.jpg.1cb5b6e43a578e604412b00f910

WTG R&R! You seem to be having a greta start to your year! Hope to cross lines with you some time this season.

Nice catches everyone.

I fished <ACRONYM title="Assateague Island">AI</ACRONYM> for a total of about 36 hrs from Tues - Sat... lots of skate, 5 smooth dogfish, and a cownose ray... nothing with stripes

Steve,

Yeah, she's definitely a good luck charm and a good fishing partner too.

Hey R&R,

Awesome Mr. Stripey there! You had a good crew with you as well. I was hoping we could pick up a striper as well but just didn't happen. Look forward to catching up with you soon. I'll give you a buzz.

Went out last Thursday evening around 4:30. Nothing at all until about 6:30 when I turned my back to throw the frisbee for the dog and turned around to see my 10'6" on its way to the sand. Mind you I just started surf fishing a few months ago and I see this happening so I got a little excited thinking of my first good fish and stopped thinking of proper proceedure I start sprinting for the rod and get there after the spike had been pulled out and the tip of the rod was already in the breakers on the beach......now I doubt many of you have ever seen a 6'1" 260 lb man in a full sprint do a full extension belly-flop into the sand/surf but just think of someone the size of an NFL lineman diving into the endzone and landing flat.... At that point I set it, give a few cranks....it's there still.......then *whack*......50# shock leader snapped :angry4:..... I probably eff'd something up with the drag but oh well, woulda been nice to get my first fish on that kind of story but I like to see the humor in everything. Struck out the rest of the night til 9ish but I'm still happy-ish. I'll be out again ASAP and this time I'll bring running shoes.

Nice fish to all that caught.

set the drag just light enough so the waves don't pull out line.

Nice striper rocks & reds!

Hey Coop, he does seem to get on 'em, doesn't he? :icon_salut:

Late post from Friday afternoon. I hit the beach with my nephew, Tyler in search of stripers and black drum. After about 20 minutes, Tyler catches a 15" bluefish on cut bunker and about 30 minutes later, I caught and released this beauty on peeler. Left at sundown. :)

Assateague-black-drum.jpg.f07b2882e67fc7

WuTxtYe0RJd9D9eKmodQT1eOxKVn9HR9qJZ1l3DABgGYuD7sdGR36CZsrFXqeNADhNijX9NfAyI+Sz1Sug0AAAAASUVORK5CYII=

I'm sorry forgot you Tyler great catch to you and uncle Sam

Nice one Sam!

Glad to see ya get out there!

I'll head down tomorrow for the day.

Laxfisher...i got a good visual of your debacle on the beach.....funny stuff!!!

Thats what its about......it could have been a doggie or ray...but then again it could have been a Striper of a lifetime!!! state record for that matter!!!:dontknow: you never know...just get out there again and apply what you learned. good stuff.

nice fish guys :blob1: I'm chomping at the bit to get out again soon.

Lax, that sucks about the rod. I lost a sandspike last year, while i was picking through a reel...:angry4:

Thanks Guys, Going to give it another try this weekend. I got my fingers crossed:D:D