98 posts in this topic

Yea those self portraits are a struggle! I got most of the fish in anyway....I was happy to see her swim off strong.

I had an opportunity to take a newer friend of mine out for his first striper fishing trip. Got him acclimated to the Delmarva way....the 6 hour skunk, not a doggie or skate to be had. Things were looking grim. but at the top of the tide, the fish started showing up..

here's some shots of how he did! his first fish was about 38-40" or so. It was a seriously ill fish, rashes and very thin. He couldn't have been happier though! He baited, casted, hooked, and brought in this fish. Conventional no less! I'll spare you guys the broadside shot, it's not pretty. I released it, and showed him how. It swam away, but if this fish dies, it'll be better off. You could darn near see his little brain through the holes in his head

Second fish for him was this lil' blue, on a 15/0 mustad! :icon_thumleft:

sometime after the moon came out we get a screamer, I was johnny on the spot so i pick up. I can tell its a nice fish, so i set up, and pass it off. This was a healthy fish, and had Mike in and out of the breakers a couple of times....he was so stoked. I'm just watching the show!:happy1:

I Went out and lipped it, passed it over for a picture, and we let her swim.

I also got my personal best, a 45"er. But i had more fun watching him have a stellar first time out. We did take a 34" fish to split for the table:icon_porc:

Hey Coop, nice fish! I thought i recognized you as we were coming down the beach, I gave a honk. There were alot of folks out, more than i'm used to when i sneak down during the week, so i was a little stressed about finding some decent, available water. Next time i hope to stop and meet cha. I was seriously jonesin' though so i had to keep on cruisin'.:3gears:

themikexam.jpg.18aaff5642202c9e2d05f04c3

mikeblue.jpg.6b46bf116a131ed22a6239be35f

mike42.jpg.5e8a748737378a2b225cb0994f474

Yea those self portraits are a struggle! I got most of the fish in anyway....I was happy to see her swim off strong.

thats a nice fish!, and i'll agree self portraits take some serious skill. No one is ever smiling, because they're concentrating so hard!

Nice catchin jeepcreep!..or shall I say catches...great report...Man, I bet your buddy was stoked.

Man, it was a little crowded...I ended up setting up in a little bottleneck area where the bar sneaks in close to the beach...worked that day.

Nice catchin jeepcreep!..or shall I say catches...great report...Man, I bet your buddy was stoked.

Man, it was a little crowded...I ended up setting up in a little bottleneck area where the bar sneaks in close to the beach...worked that day.

I was gawking at that when we went by, nice find! Thats what made me look twice, I wanted to see who had set up in it!

Fished with my pop today....1 fat 44" striper, 1 blue, 1 large blowfish and lost another striper that was as large if not larger. Darn shock leader knot broke. No doggies or skates anywhere...water very clear. Nice day on the sand.

[ATTACH]6263[/ATTACH]

Nice fish - did you throw her back?

Nope...I release some, but seeing I haven't had fish in a while, it found the dinner table.

Fished <ACRONYM title="Assateague Island">AI</ACRONYM> with Chip today. We caught 4 bluefish up to 24". No stripers caught by us today. It was good to wet a line with you Chip.

By the way, great catches by all. and thanks for posting.

Great catches everyone! Phil, you look so serious, LOL!

Anyone putting a Doggy on the table?

Hope all the good stuff is there next week....

Thanks same here Morty lookn forward to another trip soon :icon_pidu:

jeepers creepers.........awesome fish bro.....

Fishing is serious business Steve!:blob1::blob1::blob1:

Great job, everyone. I might have to get out there and see what all the fuss is about!

Fished mid O.C. beach today, 1 small smooth doggie, 1 40" smooth doggie, and finally a 34" 13 1/2 pound Rockfish. Going at it again tomorrow. Rock was caught on bunker head on F/F rig, 2 hours after low tide. Hopefully I can figure out how to upload a picture.

5852a55b35289_Floridakeys002.jpg.84f94f9

John M.

Fished A.I. today with my dad and next to Ron H. got my first rock of the the season at 37in long and a girth of 21in. Didnt pull drag until i got him close to shore then he took off. Had about a 10-15min fight on my hands. Used fresh bunker from John Henry's. Got it on a head on a fish finder rig at about low tide. Few more nice hits but had a very small window to hook and it just didnt work out... Well We will be heading back out in the A.M.

0515091848a.jpg.449a7952a59e95e5f225b2f4

Nice job, guys!

Good Job guys.. seems like AI was the Ticket this weekend.. DE was a bust.. or atleast for me..

Nice catching guys!

66Fisher, It's hilarious to me that your holding a dead fish up in front of an "odor control services" van. :eek: I know fresh fish doesn't stink, but it's funny just the same.. that picture is priceless

<acronym title="Assateague Island"><acronym title="Assateague Island">AI</acronym></acronym> was definitely the ticket this past weekend, or at least part of it. My daughter and I hit the beach with a vengeance. She always seems to catch fish. This is one of 5 black drum we caught on Friday. Smallest fish was 20lbs. and the largest was about 28 lbs.

Saw one NICE striper that was caught in the early morning but we fished from morning to evening, with high tide about 1:30 in the afternoon. No action until after the high tide started falling. It was a good day...no, make that a great day! :icon_thumright:

AI-black-drum.jpg.3b62524ecc92ddd035c1e8

AI-black-drum-2.jpg.be5c76cb90d6b7ee45bf