6 posts in this topic

Maryland and Virginia have entered into a reciprocal agreement honoring certain fishing guide licenses in both states waters.

<i>More from the Maryland DNR Website</i>

Please feel free to post your opinions on this topic.

Being as the middle of Patomac river is the state line,I think its a good idea.I fish both states,and cross the lines often.

I thought that the state line on the Potomac was the high tide line on the Va side. Could be wrong but that's what I remember from a wail back...

Yep, that is my understanding, high tide line.

In fact, there used to be a restaurant in the water on pilings that you would access from VA. Their address was Maryland, they paid MD taxes, and when there were fights, police from MD would have to respond.

And yes, you can fish the VA side of the Potomac with a MD license.

Thanks Steve that's what I thought, I have heard of that restaurant you are talking about.

Alright,you guys made me google it. I stand corrected.Found out the real scoop on virginiaplaces.org. That dates way back.I am not a guide,but it looks like they will have a lot of reporting to do.May have to hire some help to handle the paper work.I purchased two boat fishing licenses from PRFC.for$30 each this year.Covered both for less than one DNR sticker.I like to cover anyone that fishes with me.