3 posts in this topic

Hi, guys:

We'll be on Assateague at the end of May with families and a bunch of small kids. Are there some Bay fishing possibilities (some pier etc) on Assateague where the kids could be introduced to fishing?

I am figuring surf fishing is beyond a 6-8 year-old capability, but a little pier on the Bay side would be perfect.

Is there such a thing there?

Thanks

I'm not sure about anything that far north. I do know that there is a public pier to fish from at Morley's Wharf in Northampton county. Its about an hour south of Assateague though, but the fishing is pretty good. I hear they are catching croaker by the cooler full. Its been years since i went to AI but i think i remember a bridge that you could fish from. Good luck.

Theres is a little pier right before the bridge where theres chances for flounder, spot, bluefish kingfish, and some small rockfish depending on when the the run heavily. But i see young kids out there all the time and if u wanted u can drop crab nets off the side and catch small crabs. well gl when you come down and i hope they enjoy the fishing.