5 posts in this topic

Heading down to Back Bay Wildlife Preserve Sunday Mornin before sunrise to see whats in the Surf ! Weather looks to be an issue but I have not had a lot of chances to get out so I am out there ! Maybe some rough sea's have driven some Drum up our way ! I went down there the other night and the Glass Minnows were thick and surfin the waves up the beach ! Everywave was loaded . Nice to see so much bait around ! Will post when I get back in .

Glad to see someone giving it a try!

I suspect some blues should be there with some roundhead!

Let us know!

Made it onto the beach before sunrise and seas were calm with no birds anywhere . Started tossing Stingsilvers to see if any Blues were around but no takers and no bait jumpin . On the second cast as it was coming over the inside ledge I snagged a small Stingray about 10" across .Good thing I had brought some frozen baits and Fiddlers with me ! Set up my 12' with a bluefish head and my 10' with a couple live fiddlers on it . Fiddlers started getting some action and stolen but no take downs . Changed hook size and picked off a Skate . Switched over my 12' to a large Bluefish head and sent that out keeping the 10' with Fiddlers and holding them on with a slice of Gulp Mullet . Had a quick run on the Fiddlers but dropped it and as I was re-baiting the hook the 12' doubled over ! Picked it up and was fighting it for about 5 minutes and the hook pulled out of that one too !:BangHead: Lots of good head shakes on it so it wasn't a ray .The whole time I was out I kept either tossing lures or keeping a smaller rig in for mullet , Roundhead , Flounder , or Blues but nothing . 8:15 everything shut off and tide was dead low at 9:45. Walked the beach and found a good break in the sandbar and a nice outsuck so repositioned for the incoming. 1/2 hour after tide changed double header on Skates and nothing else . Stayed through 3 quick downpours in the afternoon and finally packed it in around 3:30 when it started thundering . Had an awesome day out on the beach just would have been nice to get some targets on the beach ! Can't wait to get back out there and try again !

Thanks for the report. What do you usually catch with fiddlers from the surf? I use them for Togs and Sheepshead around structure.

Thanks for the report. Good to see you get out!