49 posts in this topic

Well, still very quiet on the beachfront. Just a few black drum and a few stripers...not sure where the bluefish are:confused:...other then that, still very quiet. Hopefully things will get going this week. Feel free to post your reports here...fish or no fish...GO FISH!

Heard Blues showd up today in DE. My buddy in Nj caught big ones, 10-15lbs all day today inside Sandy Hook. Think Ill hit it in the am. Scoped out some nice breaks in the sand bar. Who knows.

Also one of my students fished IR inlet last night. His uncle got 3 keeper stripers. -starting to think the fish are staying away from Assateague so they don't scare the plovers...

Very nice catch!

Hit north end of AI hoping to find blues. Nada. Yet:confused1:

fished a lot this weekend and only caught skates. Had some nice tides and wind changes, looked very fishy but no fish. This is starting to get OLD!!!!

fished a lot this weekend and only caught skates. Had some nice tides and wind changes, looked very fishy but no fish. This is starting to get OLD!!!!

Jim, the way I see it...we are just in the beginning of the run...quantity of fish passing by should increase as we head into mid May and then start tapering off...it'll happen...just gotta be in the right spot at the right time. I think many of us are in the wrong spot at the wrong time...on a positive note, I heard some fish were caught on the beachfront and appears catches are increasing.

While headin off the beach we saw a 35in rock that was pulled. We set back up and got 1 more skate. Wound up with too many skates to count and my dads 28in drum this weekend. Hopefully this is a sign of the beginning of the rockfish run