11 posts in this topic

did anyone fishe HRBT this past weekend. Just wondering if it's worth making a trip this evening. i didn't see any recent reports posted yet.

Rudee has a few yesterday - Good seeing you yesterday GARY......no wait that was RICK.....hard for me to tell sometimes, RORY said you were going to "stop by" but you were a no show, suprised - I wasnt.......

Dixie rode by and wanted to stop but when he saw the rail birds kept going so I met him at Ft Story instead.....

:icon_pai:

any serious fishermen wont go to the HRBT, i crossed it sevral times this weekend and saw nada, even the peeps on da spit there was only 4 i counted

any serious fishermen wont go to the HRBT, i crossed it sevral times this weekend and saw nada, even the peeps on da spit there was only 4 i counted

Hmmm, is that code?

dont look like a code top me - even a 4th grader can figure that out.......

IF you are SERIOUS and watch to catch QUALITY fish, the BRBT is NOT the place to do it.......as Rory Goggin put it best, "its the best place to PRACTICE fishing & boating" ........ go around the corner to Oceanview and its a whole new world .......the further south or north you go the better it is......

I guess if you don't fish down there then it doesn't make sense until its spelled out :)

dont look like a code top me - even a 4th grader can figure that out.......

IF you are SERIOUS and watch to catch QUALITY fish, the BRBT is NOT the place to do it.......as Rory Goggin put it best, "its the best place to PRACTICE fishing & boating" ........ go around the corner to Oceanview and its a whole new world .......the further south or north you go the better it is......

well thanks for the heads up, the problem is i only have a 14" boat so my options are very limited.

Dixie rode by and wanted to stop but when he saw the rail birds kept going so I met him at Ft Story instead.....

Any luck at Fort Story?

well thanks for the heads up, the problem is i only have a 14" boat so my options are very limited.

80 miles of coast line INSIDE Rudee inlet.......catch specks, bluefish, puppy drum and flounder - DAILY......for the rest of the summer

1594 miles of Lynnhaven Inlet to fish.....home of 35,000 red drum

thanks racn35,

didn't realize all that, thank god for this website and guys like ya'll or i would be lost on what to do.

marsh duck , havent seen you or your umbrella lately hrbt can be hot grew up in o.v fished it alot as a youngster even fished alot as a "adult" most of what you catch there is small but some big fish do reside there,big stripers hang out there late at nite also some decent trout action goes on there too, try trolling a big rattle trap at nite the water isnt very deep or a speck rig you will be surprised by what you pull out of there with that little gem a big bucktail little bucktail rig with a strip of squid will work too, there are some drop offs that are pretty easy to find just watch the water you will be able to find them they stand out I hear the drum bite up in the creeks on the river is pretty hot my buddy lives near the ditch and he says crabs are the bait i'm sure they will hit a 52 mr or something like that lynn haven is overrated cut your teeth in o.v !!