13 posts in this topic

Monday:

Conditions were south winds up the beach and 8' breakers all over the place. Very strong current, 8 oz wouldn't hold.

Tossed small pieces of Shrimp in hopes to get some bait fish, nothing biting. Gave up after a couple of hours, will try again today.

Tuesday, didn't fish, no one was catching.

Post some of those awesome pictures you take. :)

As requested, just a few for now.

First one is a distance view of crossings from condos to beach on Amelia Island. Almost impossible to get a yak to the beach, but will try today.

Second one is a Papaya tree.

5852a551912a5_DuneCrossings.jpg.42e6ece7

5852a55199017_PapayaTree.jpg.5e456170c03

5852a5519ec94_SunriseatAmelia1.jpg.b2a8c

5852a551a65eb_SunriseatAmelia2.jpg.f304b

cool photos Steve. did you do any good today?

enjoyed fishing with you. send reports soon.

brent in Tn.

Hey Brent, nice to see ya made it on here!

Nah, didn't see ANYONE catching.

In fact, the pier was empty all day.

I was the only fool out there.

We launched one of the yaks and put out the heavy stuff for Sharks.

Went up to that seafood store you mentioned and he gave me a bunch of scraps to use, free.

Very heavy north current, took my 10 oz and hauled it north toward the pier.

Paddled out about 1/2 mile and dropped the lines, the Mullet were packed in thick all the way out. Nothing (Mullet) in close though.

Brought the lines in a couple of times and took 'em back out.

Zilch, no bites, nothing.....

That earlier wind really messed it up.

Nice shots..The second picture is a trip with all the walkways going towards the beach...

Steve, thanks for the report. glad you got to run the yak in the ocean like you wanted to. i hate you didnt get any hook ups. that wind was pretty fierce down there about 1/2 the time of our stay. i would have been a little disappointed if we had only had 7 days instead of the 10 that we stayed because i only got to fish 5 days out of the 10 because of the conditions. thats cool on the mullet. i didnt see any baitfish in the water the whole trip. I sure would like to be down there right now tossing lead and fresh bait, but noooooo..

we were down there this time last year. the fort clinch pier was closed for construction so I fished the surf across from best western. only managed one kingfish on shrimp. Also caught a few cbass on the north shore of the fort in the river. i was a little disappointed but it sure is a beautiful place!

Amelia Is. 4/12-4/21 report

<HR style="COLOR: #cccc99; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cccc99" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->It was nice to meet Steve and Alison while there the last couple days of our stay. He told me about this site. Cool site.

I only got to fish 5 days out of our 10 day stay because of the wind. ended up with 1 nice pomp, 4 whiting (3 nice ones), 4 smallish blue (one about approx.18''), 3 small bonnet heads, one small sail cat. used frozen shrimp on double pomp rig. didnt see any sand fleas. a bunch of coquina, some pretty large. not any sign of mullet, bait fish.

Drove to Ft. Clinch on one of those wendy days and walked out to the pier and a local caught a couple nice eating size black drum. dead shrimp at the end of pier on jetty side he said. We drove down to the Gandy sp? bridge/pier on sat. and it was packed. a few whiting, one large sheephead.

We stayed amelia south condo and fished in front of condo. the condo next door has a private pier. they caught/released a large red one day while I was out surfishing so it was cool watching that.

Downtown Ferninda is cool layed back/historic town. All in all I give it double thumbs up to Amelia. I can see going back there for sure. Caught enough fish for wife and I to have 3 fresh dinners so it was overwhelming fishing but we still had a blast.

Just a few pics I forgot to upload.....

Same location, the water was good enough to try for some Charks the last day. Dropped baits about 300 and 600 yards out.

The center pic has a little red circle in the middle, I'm in that circle.

I think I was out about 1000 yards, barely made a dent in the line capacity too, had 3000 yards of 100# braid on the spool.

5852a559d1be1_OceanKayaking.jpg.49f10550

5852a559d9ba3_OutThere.jpg.8876179c01852

5852a559e0f73_PaddleIn.jpg.946af20aad714

Steve,that is a welcome site to see...not that I want the striper season to end...like I am catching anything anyway...but Iam really looking forward to sharkin from the beach.

cool Steve. i wish you were yaking when i was fishing. i would have had you drop off a pompano rig filled with shrimp right off the last bar.:happy3: