17 posts in this topic

....the TV Show, hosted by <ACRONYM title="Ocean City">OC</ACRONYM>'s very own, Scott Lenox of Sunset Provisions, produced by Dave Messicks of Unsceen Productions in Ocean City, Maryland

it is not only seen locally in OCMD, but also nationally on the Sportsman Channel and seen World-Wide:)

so, who on here watches Hook on <ACRONYM title="Ocean City">OC</ACRONYM> and what do you think of the show?

I got something else in the works, for Atlantic Anglers:happy3:

Hooked On OC

Ive watched a few of them. usually they are good. there was one episode I was highly dissapointed in though. flounder fishing.

Never seen it on the Sportsman channel, but I have seen it on the Resort Video Guide at 1 am or so. I also saw the flounder show and too was disappointed.

Kudo's to him for trying tho. I wish I had the money to do something like that.

I agree but in defense of that show, it was a pretty disappointing Flounder season in OC too

There are a lot of great fishing opportunities in our area. My hat is off to the Hooked on OC show guys for trying to capture them, and my hat was off to the other guy, Tommy Hall I think was his name, for doing the same thing before the current show began. IMO, I would love to see it more professionally done. Scott does a decent job as host-much better than Hall-but the producer/director/etc for this show is the same as for the previous one which was called "Hardcore Offshore", and is the common denominator here. I realize it takes $$$ to produce these things and perhaps that is where the problem lies, but the show looks like it's a home video shot-and-edited work, not a slick and professional production. I love these guys for trying, though.

Thanks for the feedback guys, hopefully this will change as more sponsors come aboard:happy7:

also, I'm happy to announce that Randy will be a part of a future show, along wth Capt Rick Grapes on board his boat "BINNACLE" durring the Ocean City Tuna Tournament in July....

they'll have Dave Messick's wife, Svetlana on board as there Female Angler and <acronym title="Ocean City"><acronym title="Ocean City"><acronym title="Ocean City">OC</acronym></acronym></acronym> local Jake Emche as the Jr Angler, along wth the shows host, Scott Lenox :icon_thumright:

also Randy's got something in the works for the Atlantic Anglers Crew:happy2:

I agree but in defense of that show, it was a pretty disappointing Flounder season in <ACRONYM title="Ocean City"><ACRONYM title="Ocean City">OC</ACRONYM></ACRONYM> too

have to agree on the disappointing flounder season!! as for the show I have only seen it when I am in the ocean city area. If I remember correctly, the show about Flounder fishing was with kids(or am I wrong) and the kids enjoyed themselves..

it wasnt the fishing in that episode I didnt like, it was a couple other things. sounds like you are in like flynn. are they gonna do a surf fishing show? maybe they have already and I just havent seen it. that could be a good one. the only thing with doing a surf fishing show, at least on AI, is that it would probably increase traffic on the island. with a vehicle limit that already gets reached and some people already have to wait to get on publicity will only make more people come.

have to agree on the disappointing flounder season!! as for the show I have only seen it when I am in the ocean city area. If I remember correctly, the show about Flounder fishing was with kids(or am I wrong) and the kids enjoyed themselves..

lol, the one I saw was not with the kids. a lot of drinking going on.

I record the show on the sportsman channel and try to watch them all. I like the idea of promoting the O.C. area, but I think it could be better produced and more diverse. Just my opinion.

John M.

are they gonna do a surf fishing show? maybe they have already and I just havent seen it. that could be a good one.

I would love to be part of that. I never go out during a weekend on AI. I try to pick and choose my time according to the weather. Yes, I love snotty weather, but IMO that is the best time for larger fish. Trust me, the fish don't mind, they are already wet:icon_thumleft:.

I would love to be part of that. I never go out during a weekend on <acronym title="Assateague Island">AI</acronym>. I try to pick and choose my time according to the weather. Yes, I love snotty weather, but IMO that is the best time for larger fish. Trust me, the fish don't mind, they are already wet:icon_thumleft:.

it would be great exposure. the only thing I would worry about is with the increased exposure there would be more traffic on the beach. a lot more waits to get on, even on the weekdays.

True, very true. I bet the B&T shops won't complain tho.:icon_wink:

One good thing would be to get more exposure on the NPS issues wanting to close parts of the beach and wanting to "thin the heard" of the ponies.

True, very true. I bet the B&T shops won't complain tho.:icon_wink:

One good thing would be to get more exposure on the NPS issues wanting to close parts of the beach and wanting to "thin the heard" of the ponies.

haha, the bait shops wouldnt mind at all until they got off work and couldnt get on the beach. it would be like a double edge sword.

One of the best saltwater shows on TV:eusa_dance:

it wasnt the fishing in that episode I didnt like, it was a couple other things. sounds like you are in like flynn. are they gonna do a surf fishing show? maybe they have already and I just havent seen it. that could be a good one. the only thing with doing a surf fishing show, at least on <ACRONYM title="Assateague Island"><ACRONYM title="Assateague Island"><ACRONYM title="Assateague Island">AI</ACRONYM></ACRONYM></ACRONYM>, is that it would probably increase traffic on the island. with a vehicle limit that already gets reached and some people already have to wait to get on publicity will only make more people come.

well Matt, not to let the "cat outta' the bag" but thats the plan:icon_pai:

todo a Surf Fishing show based around Shark Fishing, no need to worrie about overselling <ACRONYM title="Assateague Island"><ACRONYM title="Assateague Island">AI</ACRONYM></ACRONYM> as we'll stress the point that Surf Fishing can take place anywhere you can plant a Sand Spike:happy2:

Sam and I spoke about this today and he likes the idea, more details to follow as they become aval, so stay tuned....

oh and Matt, being a Shark Fishing show, it could help wth Kayak sales too:evil6:

well Matt, not to let the "cat outta' the bag" but thats the plan:icon_pai:

todo a Surf Fishing show based around Shark Fishing, no need to worrie about overselling <acronym title="Assateague Island"><acronym title="Assateague Island"><acronym title="Assateague Island">AI</acronym></acronym></acronym> as we'll stress the point that Surf Fishing can take place anywhere you can plant a Sand Spike:happy2:

Sam and I spoke about this today and he likes the idea, more details to follow as they become aval, so stay tuned....

oh and Matt, being a Shark Fishing show, it could help wth Kayak sales too:evil6:

Im not saying it will be bad. it will be very good. probably will just make the beach more crowded. lmao, all I can say is thank god we dont have a vehicle limit down here. I have seen 150 trucks down here in a area the size of a football field. just remember that while doing the show that you are representing OC, AI, and SPORTSMEN!