6 posts in this topic

Ok, so from what I heard THANK GOD I wasn't out on the water for Opening weekend. But I will be out later today and wed. Rigged and ready with 3 new Shimano TLD15s I just spooled up with Ande 30#. I know I don't have any access down at the camper, but I'll be able to at least post a couple updates from the phone on the water. Steve (trowpa) is leaving in about an hour to start driving down, hopefully we can break his striper slump something this afternoon.

Good Luck! Watch out for those Trowpa storms he likes to bring!

Well in normal Fashion, trowpa brought in some storms....but we also broke his Striper Skunk. On Tue we managed a 34" Striper trolled up on a 20" white umbrella. We ran 9 lines off the maycraft on Tue. We trolled from Ragged Point down almost to Buoy #9 in the potomac. On wed we went out on Rick's boat we made the run down to the mouth of the river. On the way out we landed a 34" striper trolled between 68 and 70 with no luck and then picked up another 34", 31" and a 22" throwback when we hit the mouth of the river again. Steve and I also worked the lake at the campground for a while wed night and again thur morning. We had several largemouth and pickerel to show for our efforts. I'll get pictures posted up after I resize them.. For those of you on my facebook I've posted pictures in my Fishing 2009 album.

Yea Man,You could walk across the boats as the saying goes.I put my 22 Grady over at Sandy point early.If you buy the season state park pass,you can get a swipe card,that allows you access at any time,befofe the booth opens.Well worth the money,and the ramp facility is excellent,20 plus ramps in a protected cove at the bay bridges.I managed to limit out with 5 anglers.trolling June bug spinners.

Yea Man,You could walk across the boats as the saying goes.I put my 22 Grady over at Sandy point early.If you buy the season state park pass,you can get a swipe card,that allows you access at any time,befofe the booth opens.Well worth the money,and the ramp facility is excellent,20 plus ramps in a protected cove at the bay bridges.I managed to limit out with 5 anglers.trolling June bug spinners.

Don't need to get the pass. We've got a camper at coles point. I just show up the night before, launch the boat and leave it in the water for the weekend. Plus my buddy has a Judge 27 in a slip there which we spend a lot of time out fishing on.