29 posts in this topic

Can you give me A report on all surf fishing?

From 3rs 2 broadkill beach or known as plum beach

Me and my family are looking to go friday and saturday

Please give me a report of what is being caught then locations

Stacy,

Right now there is not much to report, other than Doggies and Skate. I haven't heard of anything being caught. There has been a few Tog and Stripers at the Indian River Inlet.

It should be picking up very soon, maybe with this warm weather, they might start. I look forward to your report.:happy7:

This is where you can post any surf fishing reports done on Delaware beaches. We are getting more fishermen from Delaware on the site and I look forward to your posts. With the warmer weather, it won't be long before the fishing really heats up. Best of luck to everyone:icon_thumright:

Well it has been since Jan that I have wet a line in <acronym title="Delaware"><acronym title="Delaware">De</acronym></acronym> waters. With the conditions right, IMO, Destiny and I headed out to try our luck. Winds were ENE at 15-25 mph, water was clean, but rough, just the way I like it.

Fished for a few hours without bump. Along comes this guy way to close. I almost used him as target practice for my sputnik sinker, but thought better of it. Ya know, I've never caught one of these before, but I bet they put up a great fight:icon_thumleft:

HPIM1290.jpg.2bb048d2d97f674f11a8973d82b

HPIM1291.jpg.9ebaeb945feb49d8706a11ea96d

Coop and I have hooked into a few with our yakked out baits. Usually no big deal and end up being pretty cool folks.

Just ask Sam the last one I saw him get he had to release :P

Just ask Sam the last one I saw him get he had to release :P

I don't think I would want to keep any, thats for sure.

Some might be pretty kool, but not these two. I was the only truck on the beach today and they came in to just mess with me.:cussing:

Well, another day late and dollar short report for Sat.

Attended the beach driving class offered by the park and presented by James and DNREC. Very nice presentation and recommended for anyone not familiar with driving on the beach.

Was hoping that a certificate or something would be given in the event that these classes become mandatory, showing that I had already gone through the class. Hopefully one day these classes will be required.

We managed to fish the 3Rs area from about 12:30 until 3:30. We didn't manage anything to speak of. Fishingirlpa had some pullage and landed two small skates on bunker chunks. Weather was great and water looked to be relatively clean. 4oz. was holding just fine using FF rigs.

Heard from a fellow who stopped in at the shop in South Bethany store that a small schoolie or two were caught at the inlet, as well as a small flounder. He also said that a few tog were caught with a couple of guys limiting out.

Hoping to get back in another week or two.

Hear say report.

I know there has been a few nice stripers in the inlet from the rocks on swim baits.

There is reports of bluefish in the surf on De beaches, I don't know where, I am still trying to find out. There has been a few stripers on the VA side of AI as well as a few drum. One black drum was also said to have been caught.

Well with the nasty weather, I was once again drawn to the surf in hopes of the elusive Delaware fish, from the surf.

You know once in a while there is a question that arises in everyones life that begs to be answered and that would be, "WTH was I thinking"?

Got to CHSP with the winds SSE about 25-35, surprisingly the water was very stained. I could see a clean/dirty water line and the ganets would work it once in awhile. I thought WTH, I'll give it a shot.

Threw 6 ozs, wouldn't hold. Threw 8 ozs wouldn't hold. I threw 10 ozs and would hold. I threw 12 ozs and it held for about 30 seconds until the grass piled up on the line. Well needless to say, I packed it in.

I went to Black Beach to try and get the wind at my back. I saw a few ganets, but they weren't working the water. I tossed out a rod and yep, it took 30 second and the grass was terrible. I packed it in once again.

I heard tell of a few flounder in Canary Creek. I went and tied up a double flashaboo rig and tossed it out. Fished for about 45 minutes without a bit. Finally, I get a nibble, set the hook and it was a Windowpane about 6" long.

Here is a pic of the surf today. Trust me the pic doesn't do the surf justice.

HPIM1296.jpg.f89291926510fa36477cd109e58

Fished 3Rs today and had plenty of action with small 12-18 inch stripers. Caught 9 of them then officially declared my 2009 surf fishing season started with the first skate of the year. Stripers were all caught on bloodworms and skate on the expensive stuff (bunker)

Way to go, my friend. You are doing better than me in the surf. Thanks for the post.

Thanks for the report bluegill. After I had called it a day the other day I wondered if I shouldn't have soaked some bloods. Guess you answered that for me.

I got some time off around the first of May. Gonna park my but at CHSP once I get my beach place unwinterized. Man it was a long winter.

Joe,

Make sure you take plenty of fresh bait. Last year the stripers started up in the first week of May and stayed all month long. I had a blast last year. I hope this year will be even better.

I'll be out there. Look for the "Big Blue Ox" BABE.

5852a551261bd_DodgeTruck.jpg.346dac2a9e5

Thanks for the info. Hope their parents start arriving soon!

Welcome to the site Bobby. I'm hoping for the bigger ones as well. Shouldn't be long, IMO.

Has anyone heard of any BIG blues being caught? They usually show a week or so before the big linesiders and for some reason the DE beaches catch a lot more blues than Assateague.

Has anyone heard of any BIG blues being caught? They usually show a week or so before the big linesiders and for some reason the <ACRONYM title=Delaware>DE</ACRONYM> beaches catch a lot more blues than Assateague.

The word is, some anglers on BB said they were fishing whole mullet and had a couple of pull down. When the brought the bait in, half the mullet was gone. Just hear say, I haven't SEEN anything yet.

It can't be long, both blues and stripers are late.:icon_scratch:

went back to 3R's this afternoon, happy hour for skates, then just as I was getting ready to leave caught a nice 12 1/2 inch kingfish. windy and cool out of SE about 15 -20 most of the afternoon. Water nice and clean.

Blue gill you are right on that I arrived at 3Rs about 7 pm fri. untill 9 am today and I could have sworn there was a hive of skates out there. The only other excitement I had was a hard knockdown about 10:30 pm and 1 doggie around 1:00 am.

I almost forgot, the highlight was a small red fox that kept coming around for my bunker tails. He was a tad scraggly so I did end up giving him a decent chunk around 2:00. Also got a few pics of him.

Thanks for the reports guys, George, I just missed you on AI. Water was stained there and wind was SE as well.

Fished 3R's today from about noon until about 5pm. Two skates, two kingfish, and one blowfish. Good clean water, almost no grass to contend with, saw a couple of other blowfish and skates caught. There are plenty of sand fleas already as two guys were digging them for togging right next to where I was set up. Mrs. bluegilltobluemarlin requests me to add to this post that the delaware beaches will not be FFF (female fisherman friendly) until May 1st when the portapotties are put out.