13 posts in this topic

Ok, here in this first pic you'll see a nice juicy two foot long bait with a 22/0 hook, tied in and ready to head out. Sam gets to sit in the blood, yummy! Oh, the brick is the weight, cheaper than lead. Um, Sam? Ya MIGHT wanna' flip that hook over.....

TheBait-1.jpg

Next, you see that tiny spec out there in the middle of the frame? Yep, it's Sam delivering the bait.

OutThere-1.jpg

I must have been about half way out. :D

I am currently talking to a potential sponsor who has invented an air propelled casting machine that can cast pretty darn far. We'll see what happens! :D

One thing I was thinking to try to really launch baits is one of those water balloon slingshots. Apparently, these things can go up to 150 yards. The only issue I can see is launching the "package" without it coming undone. I'm going to NC soon and will test it out.

i have one of those and thought of that.i was thinking of freazing the stuff in a baloon then cutting the baloon off of the ice chunk.just leaving the swivel sticking out of it so you can still hook it up to your line.

I think you are on to something, except perhaps using a zip lock bag instead of a balloon to make it easier to work with? Also maybe use a chum/blood mixture instead of just water? Could melt quicker that way.

[steve]Ok, here in this first pic you'll see a nice juicy two foot long bait with a 22/0 hook, tied in and ready to head out. Sam gets to sit in the blood, yummy! Oh, the brick is the weight, cheaper than lead. Um, Sam? Ya MIGHT wanna' flip that hook over.....]

Thanks for the pix on the setup. I am intrigued and I am on the hunt for a yak now, my son has volunteered to be the delivery person, whew! Let's see some results!

Hey just thought of another idea, has anyone tried an r.c. boat with a quick release device on it? I was gonna try it but it would have to be a gas powered boat to have enough uumph to get over the breaks. and right now funding not adequate to blow 3 or 4 hundred.

Hey just thought of another idea, has anyone tried an r.c. boat with a quick release device on it? I was gonna try it but it would have to be a gas powered boat to have enough uumph to get over the breaks. and right now funding not adequate to blow 3 or 4 hundred.

I think something like that was done a few years ago, Gary Burgoff(sp) who played "Radar" on M*A*S*H* is an avid fisherman down in Florida and I seem to remember he built a small gas powered RC boat that dropped chum and takes-out baits.

I think an rc plane would work to if the winds arn't to strong, HA I have one of those, oh wait a minute it needs a new prop. darn it, still might work if i got ny lazy but to the hobby store.lol.

An rc plane would be too fast, way too fast....

If you are using a big trolling reel it will be a birds nest. Yeah, I know about magging the reel and such, but those rc planes are fast...

Now, a rc chopper, that's the ticket!

But you still have to overcome the weight of a big bait.

Now, a rc chopper, that's the ticket!

But you still have to overcome the weight of a big bait.

i watched one of those big (4 foot blade span) rc gas choppers lift one side of a 5 gallon water jug that it was anchored to for tracking the blades.it would carry the baits no problem.

If you are gonna spend 1200 bucks to get your bait out might as well buy a yak for 800 then have money left over for more rods and reels. I do like the RC chopper idea though always wanted one of those.