7 posts in this topic

Rocksandreds and I were invited to hit the Chessey for the opening of the Trophy Season for stripers yesterday. The owner of the boat was unsure how to fish with spreads, so Chris and I hooked him up.

Got out about 0700 hrs and it didn't take long, Chris hooked up with the first fish. She was 36" and totally spawned out. We trolled for hours after that without a knockdown. We went over to the west side of BWI and trolled some more with no success.

It was getting late in the day and we only had 1 fish in the box. We made a move to where we began and it was on. Harry, the owner of the boat landed his first ever striper at 38". Not long after that we trolled over the same bump on the bottom. The rod goes off again. I picked it up and handed it to Harry Sr. I knew it was a decent fish, sat back and watched the battle. He landed a nice 39" striper.

Well we had been out all day and it was getting late. Everyone had landed a fish but me. We trolled over the same bump one more time and guess what, it was on again. I landed it and it went 36".

We limited for the day. Made a few more trolls with nothing. 2 were males and the other two females were totally spawned out. I'll post some pics, Chris will have a few more.

HPIM1288.jpg.cfac7b19469a32e4998aefb5216

HPIM1289.jpg.18df8b86b16790a75b0bf3e09be

:icon_thumleft:My buddy, Mike, went out for opening day and caught 2 nice stripers in the early am and called it a day early. Hopefully I can head out with him next Sunday...Would be nice to catch a striper.

DSC_0190.JPG.26418d836db518c1e6c555c8cb2

WTG guys! Very nice fish to say the least!

Hoping to make it out there this Friday.

Pretty work, but snotty weather. Thanks for the post.